Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. That's a great stance.

What's wrong with the bumper you've got?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

no vents.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The molding looks very nice. Overall everything looks great!

If I may here is what the car used to look like:

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Not sure about the side pipe (maybe it'll grow on me) but the rest is PRIMO!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            no vents.
            ....VENTS!!!!!!!.....(sorry, I just had to do it.....lol)...car looks awesome however

Comment

Looks good.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Sharp looking 2-door

Ever consider popping off the orange reflectors from the turn signal lamps? Only thing I can think of that would give it an even cleaner look, its been one of my favorite mods.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. There is not much of GMGT left since, only most of the body is there, along with the frame. Most of the car is my '81 along with replaced parts and drive train.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                  Looks good. That's a great stance.

What's wrong with the bumper you've got?
                  Not much really wrong with it, just putting on the correct slotted vent bumper on.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  no vents.
                  Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
                  Sharp looking 2-door

Ever consider popping off the orange reflectors from the turn signal lamps? Only thing I can think of that would give it an even cleaner look, its been one of my favorite mods.
                  I have but, still on the fence. Same for tinting out the tail lights. Also, kind of scared to ruin a set of marker lights. Hell, I cant even get the front headlight moldings lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Question about the wheel well trim used on this car with the new older body cladding....Same as the stock body cladding? I am looking to find out how may variations of wheel well trims there are out there.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Actually no. The base LTD/marquis brougham trim is around 1/4-1/2 shorter in height. I had to drill new holes and use proper clips for the current trim. If you look close, you can see the original pegs peaking out on the passenger side. Driver side had all pegs removed during paint, years back. Was easier to install. Hemihotrod sent me a bunch of proper clips. So, next spring, i will strip the trim and properly install the clips.

I really like this trim better than the grand marquis trim. Much cleaner looking.

Comment

Car has always looked good mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Yeah. No doubt how this trim looks much better. And wow. There are a bunch of different wheel well moldings to look out for now. lol
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            The molding looks very nice. Overall everything looks great!

If I may here is what the car used to look like:

Wait... it's the same car!?
                            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                              Wait... it's the same car!?
                              Some of it lol.

Its actually this one
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	2584860094_large.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	1274596

Click image for larger version

Name:	2584860096_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1274597

Comment

All of that stuff and I mean all of it (VIN ETC) were put onto toms car right?
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X