Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh ya, it dont exist no more lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

She's coming alone! Looking forward seeing it when she's all buttoned up

Comment

Somebitch, that's some RUST!

BTW, do cars this clean exist in Canada? GMGT was originally from Kentucky, spent time in FL, and of course the PA sitting. I think that's when the roof role appeared :nonono:
        Last edited by Grand Marquis GT; 03-26-2010, 12:39 AM.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

they do exist but, its very rare to find one today on the road that has been driven every winter since new lol. im gonna get more pics of the origonal 81 soon since there is more rust showing its self and there is a chunk of car missing now lol

Comment

look what just came in the mail lol

i think the look good. all i need now is the car to put em on lol

Comment

NOICEEEEE!
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Sweeeeet!

Comment

:cry: sniff sniff...so beautiful :cry: lol
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Nice work!!!

WTF happened to the original '81 to look like that? Damn, that's insane!

Packman

Comment

it was a daily driver for most of its life then just a winter car. it ows my family nothing since the old man bought it new and drove it many years, then my bro drove it for a while then it was handed down to me. the old man paid $12500CAN for it back in '81 and the car has only seen a couple of paint jobs, replaced trans, fuel tank, couple rads, replacement carb(the old VV only lasted 23 years lol) and just the regular stuff like oil changes and brakes. so this car pretty much paid its self off for somany years of reliable service. the best part of this now is, my '81 gets to get a second chance at life and i get to do the things i wanted to do to back in high school. the other thing is that GMGTs sole gets to live on and do some good. thats why i went along with keeping his name so the legend would live on lol. the good thing now is that once i get the car back, the project will take off as i go crazy putting him back together. today or tomorrow i will start on the headliner and coach lamp vinyl/chrome strap.

Comment

GMGT...Yours to Discover...

That's unintentionally awesome.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

haha, now that you pointed that out, i find it to be awsome that it tuned out like that. the old ontario plates(like the ones stolen of the origonal car) said "keep it beautiful" on the bottom. i always reffered that to the car lol

Comment

New slogan for GMGT?

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                              iand when i go pick up the glass, i have to stop in to the fabric dudes and get some swade for the head liner.
                              A note of caution: Don't get too carried away with using heavy fabrics/materials on the headliner. Unless you do some bracing, there's a good chance that the material may pull off of the backing board, OR, the backing board may begin to warp and drop down due to the additional weight.

By the way, it isn't very difficult to get 'GMGT' cut into the headliner material....

Comment

The backer boards on these cars are very stiff, like a reinforced and beefed up cardboard. Plus all of the weight is distributed evenly by all of the surround moldings, map light and sun visors.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X