My 1986 Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1986 Crown Victoria

Ok I bought my car in Apirl 11th of 2007 after I decided that my old wagon was probly not gunne be done for a while (now a dead project). This is what she looked like when I got her.

Than I drove for around 2 months till I started doing some custom things to it.
    I put some CC819 Springs in the back all new Monroe sensacraps shocks (will replace soon). Than decided to to do some sounds up grades.

Shocks and Springs and with Black Steelies
    After that I drive it for a while longer till I found out what I wanted to do to it. Than some mantience came its way with new gas tank and some stupid stuff, while I had gas tank down put new mustang fuel pump in for future motor mods. I also blacked out grille. At that point in time I decided to get a base time at the track. it ran 18.3 at 73mph (some issues where going on thou when i was there so I dont think it was a tru base time but o well)
    Got all my sound equipment in and new vinyl top over winter one year. Than this year I finaly got some nice wheels and tires for her and put dual exhaust with MAC headers on it. Here is what she looks this year with driving her down to NC and than after I got my wheels. and New blacked out tail lights

American Racing TT2s with 245/50 17 tires

As of right now I have more mods in the mix. I just bought gt40 intakes and a 65mm tb with lightning egr. Have plans for gt40 heads and thinking about a custom cam being grinded but I m not sure yet. New lowered suspension in winter too. With 3.55 gears and sway bars basically trying to make this a nasty all around car. Thanks for the POTM this month and I hope I will do more to make ya mangs proud of her and me lol.
    Last edited by 83countrysquire; 11-01-2009, 12:05 PM.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

I like it quite a bit. The blackout theme is working for it.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Congrats man, looking good...Sad that a POTM nomination made you want to start a RR thread lol.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like you had to expidite the RR thread. But it's all good as that car looks sweet! Congrats!!!!

Packman

Comment

Well I was gunna make one but when i finished the car ( always had a feeling that these should be for ppl who basicly finishes their cars not ones that have them as working progress lol but than again when are they ever done).
          sigpic
          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

hey you took my advice!
            Congrats on the POTM. Awesome car

What are you planning on for the suspension to lower the car? I got a quote from coilsprings.com and a 2" drop with 25% stiffer spring rate would be abut 350 plus shipping for 4 springs.
            Last edited by hemihotrod402; 11-01-2009, 09:47 PM.
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

just the one inch drop(the one suggested in the stickys by blaze86) but i would like a 2" and since i would be spending around 200 maybe only a little and i ll go 2 haha idk thou yet depends what should work with wheels, thing is i would like to still have a rake so maybe ill get the the back lower an inch and lower the front 2 or 1.5
              sigpic

Comment

It all depends on your driving style. The Speedway Motors springs are a vast improvement over the stockers. Just springs and the wheels/tires that you have will make that car corner like a mofo. If you want a little rake, get the 225# rear springs and when you wear out the rear tires get something a little taller and wider and you're good to go.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                  I think this is my favorite pic of it, she looks sleek and sexy as hell. I love black 2-doors BUT that being said you made a great choice with your selection of rims, I'm willing to bet that those cost you near $1000.

CONGRATS on POTM!!!!!
                  -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                  -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

believe it or not wheels and tires mounted 700 i waited a long time for the right deal and found it.
                    sigpic

Comment

polished aluminum wheels and black are sexy, they work grat together

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        It all depends on your driving style. The Speedway Motors springs are a vast improvement over the stockers. Just springs and the wheels/tires that you have will make that car corner like a mofo. If you want a little rake, get the 225# rear springs and when you wear out the rear tires get something a little taller and wider and you're good to go.

Packman
                        Will the 225# still handle as well as the other ones that lower it an inch? I think I still might lower it and than just get a little bigger tire in back. I want realy a 1.5 lower thou grrr lol So it has a nicer stance.
                        sigpic

Comment

congrats on the panther of the month mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                            Will the 225# still handle as well as the other ones that lower it an inch? I think I still might lower it and than just get a little bigger tire in back. I want realy a 1.5 lower thou grrr lol So it has a nicer stance.
                            All of those street stock springs in Blaze's thread have the same dimensions, but they have different poundage. They will be a little stiffer in the rear, so it will handle the same or a little better (I think). I have the 175# springs in the rear and the car handles great, but it sorta sags a little in the rear.

Packman

Comment

Vicious ride!!!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X