No announcement yet.

Removing balancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i do that? im sorry but can u explain it step by step so i can fully understand it

Comment

Not a problem. Just set up your socket and breaker bar like I described before, and then use the starter motor to turn the engine. The starter should have enough strength to both turn the engine and break that bolt loose, especially since the spark plugs are out and it won't have to fight the engine's compression anymore.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

just make absolutely sure you have it in proper direction to loosen the bolt.. the engine is gonna spin one way and the bar will be wedged on either the ground or a part of the frame/suspension.. when you bump the engine over it will loosen the crank bolt, all it takes is a little bump and it will be loose....

you definetely dont wanna be anywhere near the bar, definetely not holding it.. just be patient and if it falls off put it back on and start over..

take your time and think about it, be extremely careful or just use an air tool..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_-FsVvNr40
        Last edited by cld783; 11-03-2009, 07:21 PM.
        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

sorry for asking so many questions ok let's get the straight to remove the large bolt I can position a breaker bar in the direction to remove the bolt. I can place it on the frame so I wouldn't get hurt so after putting it in place I guess that I give the engine a bumb which I think means to put the key in the ignition and give it a quick crank? Please correct me

Comment

Just hit the starter real quick and check the bolt to see if it's loose. Try again if it's still tight.

Comment

You've got the idea, Mike. Did you watch the video?

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yea I did watch it I'm goin to give it a try tonight

Comment

Yea I tried it after I got out if work. And it worked great!!! Thanks alot

Comment

Cool! Be sure to let us know if we can be of any further assistance with the rest of your project.

Comment

Ok after I removed the balancer I noticed three little parts on the floor that I have no idea what the belong to I'll post up a pic later

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
                        cld makes a good suggestion, too. Disable the ignition system, put your socket and breaker bar on there, and then let it rest against the frame rail or whatever's handy that will keep the bar from turning. Then, bump the engine over with the starter a couple of times, and voila. You'll probably have to hold the bar in place by hand so it doesn't just fall off, so make absolutely sure that you're not going to get hands/arms/hair caught in any moving parts.
                        You can bump the starter by shorting out the connector with a red cap on it at the passenger wheel well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
                          Cool! Be sure to let us know if we can be of any further assistance with the rest of your project.
                          Nathan, Is the Red CV in the photo bucket picture a Fire Chief's car ? It does not look like the factory red. Nice looking.

Comment

Working...
                          X