Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also another tid bit about the bumpers for the windows is that a two door with vent window only comes with one bumper per door but one more can easily be added because the provision on the top of the door is there for it. I added another set per door utilizing the stock provision and it made the window even more solid. You can see the one I added in the first picture.. The one to the far left is the original and the one to the far right is the one I added. I suspect that full windowed two doors had that second provision filled with a bumper from the factory.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Consider this stickied. Nice job, Dave.

Comment

Dave,
        What did the bushings run you? My GM is in serious need of those bushings, and it looks like I can get 1 door per lunch break done, if I take my time. I'll probably want to get the window motor gears changed out while I have it apart, too.
        MIKE

Comment

I didn't actually purchase them lol They came with a kit my dad bought for his 85 Mustang and he decided not to change his guide rod bushings when he changed his window motors so I just used what he was sent. Shop around for them. In the original post i gave a link to the two types I found in my door...a little expensive but I believe I seen them on ebay for less.

scratch that they are much more expensive on ebay. This is a better deal: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...uide%20bushing
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I am going to order these for my front doors....however i am a little confused. has anyone tried these on a 4 door yet? and will the upper bushings definitely fit??
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I am going to order these for my front doors....however i am a little confused. has anyone tried these on a 4 door yet? and will the upper bushings definitely fit??
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Take your door panel off. If the upper bushing is the rectangular shape I will say it will fit.
                ~David~

Comment

I got my bushing in today, and figured I'd report my findings. Do NOT order the rectangular ones, as you can see in the picture they are far too small, and wont work. I believe i will end up doing what Dave did as i ordered a pair of each, and install the square bushing on on the top and bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02341.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1268390
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Shit. Sorry Phil.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Shit. Sorry Phil.
                      Not your fault! I figured I'd take the risk and see if they fit or not. It's only the drivers side that really needs them currently anyway.
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X