forum rep system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forum rep system

I got a suggestion about this - can we make it so it's only based on post in the tech forums? I find it extremely stupid to be able to post rep based on posts in OTB for instance - what I've noticed is most times said rep is based on clash of opinions, and we all know what they say about opinions, what's the point in having rep system if all it takes to ruin one is a few folks not agreeing with you on a particular subject? I've personally experience that, and not like I give a shit, but I really don't think it's fair, especially towards certain members assigned the status of "permanoobs" for reasons unknown to me and most other folks here. What do ya'll think about this? Assuming the rep restriction is even possible, I dunno what the limits of the phpBB are...

We're trying to work on this, mang. Stay tuned.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Hi GMGT

Any chance of giving me some more rep while you are at it I never seem to get any

Regards

Dereck
      President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Tom, this is good, so you approve of my idea then? By the way, what do you know of phpBB3, would it be something worth upgrading to here?

Dereck, I just gave you some rep, bumped you one green square up too

Comment

Good idea. We're using vBulletin, though, not phpBB.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by John Deere Green View Post
            Tom, this is good, so you approve of my idea then? By the way, what do you know of phpBB3, would it be something worth upgrading to here?

Dereck, I just gave you some rep, bumped you one green square up too
            It's actually something we've been discussing recently. But ah hell, i'll give you credit.

It's much easier said than done though. More to come.

As for phpBB3, it probably sucks as bad as prev versions of phpBB. That is how this forum started before we upgraded to vBulletin. vBulletin is the only choice for a REAL professional forum!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'd have to agree. I'm a member of some other forums that use phpBB, and I find vBulletin vastly superior.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Now to give Ivan negative rep for being a whiney-butt ....

How does one recognize a forum that uses this "phpBB" system? All I know is that boards with a general feel and format similar to GMN (presumably all using Vbulletin) are very easy to use, while others often aren't.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Examples of forums using phpBB:

http://slantsix.org/forum/index.php

http://www.vinylengine.com/phpBB2/index.php

Oh, and I also just noticed that I now have four of the little green blocky things, whereas I very recently had only two. Four is nice, and I'm not complaining, but what gives?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post

Oh, and I also just noticed that I now have four of the little green blocky things, whereas I very recently had only two. Four is nice, and I'm not complaining, but what gives?
                    Someone likes you...
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nepacrossroads.com the site owner offered me phpbb3 this morning

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                        Hi GMGT

Any chance of giving me some more rep while you are at it I never seem to get any

Regards

Dereck
                        I gave you some, feel free to return the favor.
                        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Shut it off completely.
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
                            I gave you some, feel free to return the favor.
                            Hi CLD783

Perhaps you would get more rep if you used all those unnecessay letters when spelling

Regards

Dereck
                            President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                              Hi CLD783

Perhaps you would get more rep if you used all those unnecessay letters when spelling

Regards

Dereck
                              care to clarify? lol
                              Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X