No announcement yet.

forum rep system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wants you to talk English-like, making most especially certain to include all the extra instances of the letter "u".

Examples: colour, flavour, behaviour
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
      I gave you some, feel free to return the favour.
      fixed
      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Now to give Ivan negative rep for being a whiney-butt ....
        Lol, it was actually one of our Canadian guys who got me thinking about it...

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
        As for phpBB3, it probably sucks as bad as prev versions of phpBB. That is how this forum started before we upgraded to vBulletin. vBulletin is the only choice for a REAL professional forum!
        Well the only reason I asked was because of this:
        Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
        nepacrossroads.com the site owner offered me phpbb3 this morning

Comment

aluminium

Comment

phpbb has a history of security problems, and VB has generally been a lot more secure. When I worked for the hosting company, every few months there would be some really nasty phpbb bug that would mass infect sites. VB can do a whole lot on the back end that many other forum softwares just won't do. For those of you who have never been in the admin area of a VB install, the amount of things that can be done in there is kind of scary.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Back when we had phpbb, I found it easier to modify the themes and icons. Overall it was simpler to use, which is probably why it's more susceptible to attacks. I know we had a hell of a time with spamming and every other damn thing.
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Could there be a rep sytem for people that Buy/Sell stuff, like on corral and a few other sites. To me, that is accually usefull for people.

---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
                  Shut it off completely.
                  Excellent idea.

I did find it hilarious, however, that my 'rep' has dropped 32 points just within the last week....it's not a rep system, it's a Reputation Stock Market!

Comment

It's funny because it's true!

See? He's saying it's like, the rep system is like the Stock Market, and-and the Stock Market is doing poorly! See? It's dipping ever lower, li-like his REPUTATION!

I think I ruined it.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpaslincoln View Post
                      It's funny because it's true!

See? He's saying it's like, the rep system is like the Stock Market, and-and the Stock Market is doing poorly! See? It's dipping ever lower, li-like his REPUTATION!

I think I ruined it.
                      Nah, that was actually pretty funny.

The Dow Jones Pirate Reputation Industrials are now up to 387 as of the opening bell...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                        The Dow Jones Pirate Reputation Industrials are now up to 387 as of the opening bell...
                        And you're STILL a jerk.
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Isn't he, though? He's worse than that worthless Ivan chap.

Comment

that ivan chap can fix stuff tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                              that ivan chap can fix stuff tho
                              And more than willing to share what he knows, too. Always good things.

BTW, what's the latest tally on how many times he can use the word "clusterph*ck" in a 10 minute period?

Comment

Well, my guess is that if this thread keeps going the way it's been, he'll break the record in no time.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X