Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome. They beat the shit out of it and it took it like a trooper. Never complained and always could withstand more punishment. I'm surprised they didn't do anything with it performance-wise. I bet Mike's wagon would blow their fuckin minds.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Poor wagon.

Oh well...it took the beating well though.
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I like where the airhorns are mounted. Maybe I ought to try something like that.

I don't really understand why she was taken away? Was it because of them playing in the snow? Or was it the horns on college campus?

Must have been fun in the Grand Marquis Lony Pap edition.

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

i keep reminising about my 91 wagon evertime i look at the DL since it was the exact same car!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Ack. Reminds me of the idiots who used to troll around my college my senior year just as more and more parking spaces were being eliminated all across campus. Aside from my dealings with them, I once saw three of their guys spend like five hours trying to disassemble a Civic to hook it from the back rather than just swinging it around with wheel dollys.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

so i made this a sticky! big deal, wanna fight about it? ha had too, this thing put up a fight!

Comment

That's awesome, lol. I actually read the whole thing...
                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by LTDPotential
                  I want a wagon, but my kid refuses to be seen in it.
                  All the more reason to get one.
                  1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                  1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                  1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

But wait, there's more!

Awright, we got a sticky!

I actually came by this page via a google search, and had to say something... I'm one of the guys who worked on this beast back when it was alive... I also wanted to post the links to some of the video that's been floating around. So far these two are up on youtube. There's actually more that has yet to be transferred off videotape. (One of these days, when we're not so lazy, we'll capture that stuff..) But, for now, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jZj_ZLGYKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYbpQIOQ2g

Comment

Cool vids, mang! It's kind of odd...I obviously never had any contact with the DL, and don't have any particular emotional attachment to it, but those videos still kinda break your heart...lol

Good to have you here!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

You guys really beat that wagon to shit, but it didn't have to go in the crusher, could've sold it as a parts car. Anyways, welcome to GMN. Check out some of the badass wagons we have here.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

We thought of that, but the ultimatum from the cops was that it goes TODAY or someone ends up in jail. We literally had a couple hours to get it off campus. It was all we could do to gut the interior, burn off the tires, and trailer it out. (We did use the seats as furniture for the remainder of the year, and they're still in storage, waiting for a resurrection)...

It truly was a tank, though... She had a few more years in her if left to her own devices...

Comment

holy shit, they made it! damn right i stickied it!lol that is the exaxt car like my old 91! too bad it had to go...but glad you guys made it! keep posting here if you can!

Comment

I think we've all had one like this at one time or another. The car that looked like shit but took everything you threw at it and came back for more.

To all the rust buckets, all the beaters, all the beat to hell rides that your friends won't bee seen in but you just can't part with, we salute you.

Keep it rubber side down.
                              1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

AHMEN!

Comment

Working...
                                X