No announcement yet.

1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow clean Mercury! My uncle's '86 Grand Marquis 2dr does have the blue interior!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thanks, the guy i bought it from gave me a bunch of parts. Ive got a new cam for it that im probably not going to put in but also an rear anti sway bar that im going to throw on. and some stiffer shocks wich i may put on after these get a little worn. While i was working on the rear quarters i had her up on ramps. And after i got done riveting the steel on and doing the bondo sanding and then puddy. I when to pull her off them and the ramp kicked out and the suspension bottomed out. It put a crease in the quarter i just spend a week working on and popped half the rivets out. Oh well thats when you pick up the bondo, a hammer, and a sanding block and just dont think about it. Your car is very clean as well, i like the charcoal.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ok so i was wondering how much of a chore and money pit it would be to re build an old HO from a junkyard. I need a summer project, also need to know if i would need a new transmission or if it would bolt up. There is a local shop that does acid dipping and re-honing. Want to bore and stroke her but not sure how to go about it. Sick of losing to jettas. Plus i would much enjoy the satisfaction of building an engine. I have built a 350 with my dad for his truck, but would still need some direction. Thanks for any ideas.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Got the new rims / tires, they came scratched so the shop is ordering me 4 more. we shall see how that goes. Mounted one up to see how it looks and i must say i do like them.

Didnt throw the center caps on or chrome lugs, they arent going on till spring i just wanted to check the clearance and look.

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

they will look good on that car!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Those are gonna look really nice.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

OMG WANT! I originally wanted some outlaw 2's then decided against it. Now I want them even more.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

wow its looks great on your car...I like it.
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                  1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    OMG WANT! I originally wanted some outlaw 2's then decided against it. Now I want them even more.

Yeah These are outlaw ones though, the twos have the holes in them the ones dont is the the only difference. I went back and forth on them, but these are the rims i have on my GMC and i liked them, although those are 15 by 10's. I got the 15 by 7's for my car and a slightly larger 70 series tire to fill up the wheel well. My dad has a spare set of Crager SST's that are 15 by 8 but i didnt want the wheels to stick out too much, It just kicks too much road grime up on the panels. I Like your rims though, i just wanted some muscle look.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                      bf goodrich radial T/A s ( wich im told are being discontinued at least the 70s series)
                      Well that Fawkin Sucks...Sweet ride by the way..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                        Well that Fawkin Sucks...Sweet ride by the way..LOL
                        Yeah im pretty sure its just this size though because i cannot fathom the whole TA line being discontinued, they are very popular and a very good tire.
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                          Got the new rims / tires, they came scratched so the shop is ordering me 4 more. we shall see how that goes. Mounted one up to see how it looks and i must say i do like them.

Didnt throw the center caps on or chrome lugs, they arent going on till spring i just wanted to check the clearance and look.
                          I think thoose would look great with a set of the Ford P71 center caps.
                          1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

I had outlaws on a '79 Camaro, and it's hard to beat aluminum for durability. You do not have to take them off in the winter, because you are afraid that you will rust the chrome. And it doesn't matter how expensive the rims, the chrome will rust if subjected to salt and other winter nastiness. I used to work at a tire store as a mechanic, there would be people pissed because their year old, $2000 a set rims were already rusting. And I do like the more race/interceptor, all business look. I was thinking about going in a similar direction with mine.

Oh yea great car, I like the paint.
                            Uh oh the gears are turning......Interceptor......hmm.....this may get interesting.
                            Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbeans View Post
                              I had outlaws on a '79 Camaro, and it's hard to beat aluminum for durability. You do not have to take them off in the winter, because you are afraid that you will rust the chrome. And it doesn't matter how expensive the rims, the chrome will rust if subjected to salt and other winter nastiness. I used to work at a tire store as a mechanic, there would be people pissed because their year old, $2000 a set rims were already rusting. And I do like the more race/interceptor, all business look. I was thinking about going in a similar direction with mine.

Oh yea great car, I like the paint.
                              Uh oh the gears are turning......Interceptor......hmm.....this may get interesting.
                              Yeah they guy i bought the car from wanted to make an interceptor. I just dont want to run those wheels in the winter because the salt can actually lift the clear or at least it has on the towncar we have, so i figure why chance it. Im working on a 351 for her ( summer project. )
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Wow thats going to look awsome, very nice merc

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                                351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                                duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Working...
                                X