1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU is here.

"Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

dude
      hate to burst your bubble, but that's a lopo computer.......i just checked it against program codes on fordfuelinjection.com..........application is 5.0 thunderbird......86-88 they were lopo......i see it is marked 87 mark VII, but the base model and the bill blass marks had a lopo in 86 and 87.........only the lsc's had the ho those two years

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That is great, I asked around too before I bought this, Guess ill just put it back up for sale. Do you know anyone who could use it?
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

not really......i have a stack of lopo ecm's on the shelf already
          i'm out of ho ecm's right now, but i can check with my mk7 parts hoarding friends and possibly get you one when i see my friend at a meet this weekend

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That would be great, Ill just hold on to it I guess, it was only $30 so whatever. Im glad something went wrong now, usually a bunch of minor annoyances mean no huge problems.
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

dude!!!! you bought the wrong ECM lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It is quite funny, Just a shame it had to happen to yours truly.
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Thats rough mang that you got the wrong ECU. But at least you didnt pay a lot for it. This HO conversion looks like its off to a pretty good start...looking forward to seeing it unfold mang!
                  -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                  -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Actually looks like it must hold off till next summer. Im out of "extra" cash, and Im thinking im going to go all out when I do this, I need to have enough money to pay for 1st semester of keene state, so Ill keep everyone posted. Now that I look at it and know ill have everything apart, it looks like im going to go with some new springs and 1.7 roller rockers on the heads, and spend the $$ on the underdrive pulley and new alternator. Its more important I pay for school though, so its unlikely ill have the extra money to do this. Im fine with waiting till next year to do things the right way though.
                    what ive got left to get in case anyone is wondering is;
                    19lb injectors $100
                    ECU - $80-$100
                    Headers - $200
                    Custom X-pipe and Hi flow cats - $400??
                    Underdrive pulley - $150
                    Alternator to keep up with above - $120ish
                    Springs - $150
                    1.7 Roller rockers - $200

Needles to say that is a lot of $$ I will not have if I plan to pay for college, which will pay off more in the long run. I know I could take loans and such, but I want to owe as little as possible after college. Ive got some big plans for some land my dad is giving me, setting up a 50x50 garage with an attached apartment, lots of car space and tools so I need to have a good job with the FD to pay for my half the loan, but ill have my own place. Plus then my toy will be stored indoors and not have to deal with winters again, so thats a plus. Anyway that about sums up my future plans at this point. Any thoughts?
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

If your gonna do it might as well do it right mate, sounds good to me.

On a side note, and Im just saying.....one thing I have noticed and been told is that sometimes, if not, most of the time job experience is better on a resume then a degree. People would typically rather hire a seasoned pro then some straight outta school youngin. Thats why I aint bothering with college, I personally know about 4 people that went to college and spent thousands and graduated just to struggle to get a job at all and are now working with me at a party store and up to their ears in debt. Just my
                      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Im going to college to back up if I dont do so hot at the fire academy, plus it gets you in to the academy pretty quick if youve got a flashy chem/physics major. I want to do fire investigation. Thanks though.
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

No problem man. Thats a unique career for sure! My buddies a volunteer in Troy.

Comment

Yeah Im on Sullivan, I didn't mean to offend you either, I know hands on experience matters in the real world way more than paper, Ive got that too though, been in some burning buildings, it can scare the piss out of you. If you work hard at something you can make a career of it, my dad never had schooling and hes doing pretty damn well for the area, hes also volunteer on Keene, and my grandfather was the chief in Keene, so you could say it runs in the family. I work at sears and there are many a college major stuck there, and not looking elsewhere. I just think you have to try at it no matter what.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

New speedo.... And some LEDs.... Im liking it.

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Nice! Looks familar
                                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                                X