1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
    Yeah they guy i bought the car from wanted to make an interceptor. I just dont want to run those wheels in the winter because the salt can actually lift the clear or at least it has on the towncar we have, so i figure why chance it. Im working on a 351 for her ( summer project. )
    I assume you ment the guy was thinking a Police Interceptor. I am thinking more along the lines of a Mad Max interceptor
    Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbeans View Post
      I assume you ment the guy was thinking a Police Interceptor. I am thinking more along the lines of a Mad Max interceptor
      Yeah he gave me like 2k dollars in parts including new cam and suspension when i bought it from him also some towncar rims ( those are for sale if anyone is interested. ). I paid 2500 for the car so it was a deal besides the rust, but fixing that only cost like 300 bucks and a couple days in the summer sun sandblasting. ( not a fun job if youre wondering ).
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Sounds like heck of a deal. And you have parts to slap on it too, cool
        Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerbeans View Post
          Sounds like heck of a deal. And you have parts to slap on it too, cool
          Yeah but i want to build a 351 for her so i may end up selling some of the engine upgrades, not sure yet. So far its only the towncar rims i need to get rid of to pay for my new mufflers. Then the tax return should cover most of the posi, wich means all the money i make from work i can put in the bank for college .
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

She goes into the shop Thursday for a pair of magnaflow stainless turbos, id do it but apparently the mufflers have hangers on them that need to be welded, i dont knw how to weld, and its cold and wet on the ground this time a year so its gonna cost me 400 bucks to get em on there, oh well they will last a good 10 years if i keep getting her undercoated.

Originally posted by watchdog View Post
            I think thoose would look great with a set of the Ford P71 center caps.
            Yup I took your advice and ordered some for them, with the mercury logo though.
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Got the new exhaust on and it sounds really nice, not really loud but tough enough. You should see the faces of the college kids when I step on it and they see my car coming up, still has the granny wheel covers for the winter. I think its hilarious. Also on a side note good way to scare the crap out of your mom - Powerslide around a corner, sometimes i forget that my tires are bald and that my car is not her 85 olds that i was accustomed to driving a while back.

Originally posted by watchdog View Post
              I think thoose would look great with a set of the Ford P71 center caps.
              I agree and am purchasing some.
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

That's going to look really nice!
                Former panther owner
                1981 CV 351 4bbl
                1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Just ordered a case of oil, and two filters - $140.00 Of course thats the price of aimsoil. Supposed to last 15k miles, but I change her every 5k.
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Got the nameplate lookin purdy...
                    Attached Files
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

At first I was like "wtf did you do to it, it looks like shit" but then i realized it is still masked off. lol Lets see it without all of the tape and overspray/overpaint! Did you push the plenum plate into a paint sponge or something?
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        At first I was like "wtf did you do to it, it looks like shit" but then i realized it is still masked off. lol Lets see it without all of the tape and overspray/overpaint! Did you push the plenum plate into a paint sponge or something?

To answer your question, I sprayed the whole thing black, then once that was dry I sprayed a piece of foam and masked off all the high spots I didnt want white. Then you simply press the plate into the foam and the paint transfers to only the high spots.

As you request.....
                        Attached Files
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Looks great.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I like that, good job.
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Ok put the HO nameplate on the lopo for now, and aquired some HO parts, they are going to be blasted and painted, but for now heres some eye candy.

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X