EVTMPDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVTMPDF

I'm slowly but surely working on a fully searchable scan of my 1991 Vic/Marquis Electrical Vacuum and Troubleshooting manual. If completed, would the wonderful administrators of this site be willing to host it for the good of all here?
    Originally posted by gadget73
    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

I'd have no problem hosting it, but I'd just be concerned about possible legal issues. There was a site that offered free downloads of 1990+ service manuals and EVTMs, but it got shut down, I believe copyright infringement was cited. I really don't want to get GMN shut down because someone got a bee in their bonnet about service literature for a 19 year old car.

Anyone more qualified to know whether or not we can get into any trouble for doing that?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I would think one easy way to find out would be to visit your friendly local Ford dealer (Have you driven a Ford lately?™) and ask if you can buy an EVTM for a '91 Ford Crown Victoria. If it's still in print, then it would probably be a problem. If not, I'd say you're free and clear.

Disclaimer: The views expressed by this poster are not necessarily those of the staff, management, or owners of Grandmarq.net. This post is not intended to provide any sort of legal advice. Talk to your own legal expert before making any copyright infringements. Not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Possible side effects include loss of scalp and penis.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I'll see what I can learn about whether they'd have a problem with it.
        Maybe I'll find another place to host it and just provide links. In any case, is this something that would be useful to people? Would anybody use this or am I just wasting my time?
        Originally posted by gadget73
        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

There are a lot of people here who have electrical problems with their vehicles, and the EVTM is a godsend for those problems, I think it would be very very helpful.

Comment

Well ford owns the right to the manual, not sure how it works with a company but if you write a book it doesn't become public domain until 75 years after your death. So they own all rights to it, but its up to them whether or not they want to enforce it. Remember a few years ago a bunch of sites had to change their names since they used "mustang" in their name
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

I remember that debacle... Fucking lawyer weenies.
              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Working...
              X