No announcement yet.

How much do the coupes wieght

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup, or when we had emissions testing they weighed my car.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
      where do find the actual weight then
      The Encyclopedia of American Cars has stats for all Panthers up to 2002. US prices when new, trim levels, curb weights, engine choices, hp ratings and production numbers.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

find a coal breaker, get on thew scale, then go into the breaker, fill the trunk with rice coal, then come see me and we will read the weight slip after we put the coal in my bin

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          Try to find the link (posted here in a few places) to Motorcraft.com where you can look up a few original specs by VIN number. My '81 2-door was evidently 3460 pounds new.

Got this reply to my inquiry on what happened to their little online lookup tool:

Hello,

The Motorcraft Technical Resource Access Page can be found by selecting Pro Center > Motorcraft Technical Resources.

Everything you need to know about Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles - inside and out.

It’s all here: TSBs, workshop manuals, wiring diagrams, diagnostics and more. Browse the site and purchase a

subscription; with regular and reliable updates direct from Ford Motor Company, this site is the only technical

information resource you need.

Please use the contact us at the bottom of the Motorcraft Technical Access Page should you require assistance with the

site.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...ageid=feedback

Thank you for using FordParts.com!

Sincerely,

FordParts.com

Website Development Team

www.fordparts.com
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Or a landfill, scrapyard...etc...

I took my wagon across some scales.... just shy of 4500lbs.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I still haven't figured out why your wagon should weigh 500 pounds more than mine ....
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Coupes are less than 100lbs lighter than sedans, wagons 2-300lbs heavier than sedans, generally speaking. This is according to a big ford encyclopedia I have. It has stats for every year.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Can anyone explain to me what the weight figures on the jamb tag mean?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

gross vehicle weight rating i think. how much weight that axle can support.
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

So none tell the weight? I think there are three readings...what the hell are their purpose?
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The gvw is the weight of the vehicle plus its max load it is rated for, I believe.

So say if a car is 4000lbs and it can carry 1000lbs the gvw would be 5000lbs.

Correct me if im wrong.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

I am going to be weighing my two door in the spring, right after I get some of the junk out of it.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                            The gvw is the weight of the vehicle plus its max load it is rated for, I believe.

So say if a car is 4000lbs and it can carry 1000lbs the gvw would be 5000lbs.

Correct me if im wrong.
                            This is correct.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My 85 2 door fully loaded weighs in at 3892 with 75 pounds of subs in the back of it at the local scrap yard. Made my dad get out when we weighed it, and I subtracted my weight from the total.
                              85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
                              09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
                              79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
                              64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Comment

Cool. Probably around what my car weighs..I have about 75 pounds of sound deadening.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X