My 1968 T-bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
    I don't mean to rip on you, it just that when i've seen riveted body repairs, the rivets eventually start to work loose, the bondo cracks, water gets in, then the edge that's holding the whole thing on rusts off leaving you a hole twice as big as you started with. I hope your method holds up, but I'm skeptical.
    The backside of all the sheet metal is primered and such, The main problem that has occured with this method with my dad is rust starting from trapped moisture between the two pieces of metal. There isnt much bondo on it, just enough to cover, however I can see what you mean by the rivets being a less permanant fix.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I was bored so I decided to go out and start it for the first time in a few months.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I am surprised as to how well it idled.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That is such a cool car.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Anyone else remember this POS? Unfortunately, I do. Had to get it in movable condition for my Grandma's 90th birthday party, so I took a quick video.

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I like your garage!

Never heard of wipers running off the p/s pump. I guess it has some sort of hydraulic drive system?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                I like your garage!

Never heard of wipers running off the p/s pump. I guess it has some sort of hydraulic drive system?
                Ya, the barn is pretty nice, except in winter.

I'm not sure exactly what exactly drives the wipers, never even wondered really. Now I must take it apart and find out!

Comment

You need to add the T-bird to your sig list!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f159...tor-46818.html
                    http://www.tpub.com/content/aviation.../14018_518.htm

Not a huge amount of info on hydraulic wipers coming up in a cursory search, but the above are somewhat interesting, at least. I actaully don't mind the idea of not needing a huge electric motor on the cowl ....

I guess your wiper motor must be powered by what look like two hydraulic lines going into the cowl behind the air cleaner?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i think they called em pulse wipers? i have only seen them mentioned when i can't see the wiper motor like in the pics below. makes me wonder how "pulse" differentiates from "intermittent"

http://capebreton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ319166949
                      78 Ford F-100 custom, 302-C6 Auto. All original body parts(rust free) P.S.,P.B. Tilt sport wheel.Factory pulse wipers.
                      Last edited by 1990LTD; 10-03-2011, 12:24 PM.
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

In 1974, wife and I had just got married. Were living in Southern California then. I was 22 and was looking for something a bit more 'substantial' to drive than our 6 cylinder '68 Camaro. My brother-in-law was driving a '69 Thunderbird, so I thought it would be a cool option. Saw an ad for a '69 4-door T-Bird at a Ford dealer in Glendale. Heck, it was only $1,000!

It had over 100k miles on it, and some of the electrics didn't work (very similar to your issues), but it ran real good. Took it home. I loved it, but unfortunately the 1974 gas crisis hit shortly thereafter, and we literally couldn't afford the gas toput into it (wasn't making much money back then...)

Ours was pretty much the same as yours, except for the grill, taillights, and the color - white with a black landau top, bench seat. Sold it and bought a '72 Ford Courier.

Marshall

Comment

IT BEGINS

Comment

oooooo i wantto play with that car, im pretty good at floor and minor rust repair, i can even weld new panels in if i need to, man i wish i could figure a way to make my townie rear look like that sick as shit! btwmy buddy has an old t bird as well! if you want help let me know ill assist any way i can.
                            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

When was it last road-legal??
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                                oooooo i wantto play with that car, im pretty good at floor and minor rust repair, i can even weld new panels in if i need to, man i wish i could figure a way to make my townie rear look like that sick as shit! btwmy buddy has an old t bird as well! if you want help let me know ill assist any way i can.
                                That would be implying there is some metal left to weld too. This car is 70% bondo and pop-riveted on pieces of tin.
                                Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                                When was it last road-legal??
                                Technically it still is. It just hasn't been on the road in 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X