No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway, further progress made yesterday and today.
    Etch primed and painted the inner sill/rocker red!

Heres the old inside of the outer sill/rocker

and the partially blasted and rewelded one!! You can see the patches butt welded in.

Here it is sealed, etch primed and painted red inside.

Here we are clamped ready for welding

and finally welded in

and painted white temporarily

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

How about this for progress!

Before

After

The brown stuff inside is dinitrol 3125 rustproofer and to make it get into all the seams I heat it with a hot air gun until it drips out everywhere.

Andy.
      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Nicely done.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

nice work mang that great progress

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Phew. Feel knackered after a few days so called holiday! I actually work harder in my hols than when I'm at work!

Anyway, where did I get to? Oh yes, the c post rust.
            Here is the bottom of the C post clamped into place

Welded

Primed ready for a spot of filler and paint

Now onto the final bit of welding (or so I thought) before the frame goes back, which is the inner rocker/sill. I know its rusty inside because I've seen it when looking down, but how bad?

So 1 long cut later and the bottom bit is gone

Looks a bit dodgy at the front, so out with my chisel and oops!

Here is the inner panel cut out a bit more so I can see inside and the true extent of the rot

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Now I really need to cut right to the front, but I can't because the body is being supported there. Hmmmm? I know, I'll media blast the inside as much as I can and then rustproof it till I can get the frame on then remove the fender and cut off the base and reconstruct.

Heres an interesting shot from the inside looking forward towards the front passenger wheelwell

The bolt is the fender bottom one.

Doesn't look too bad now but will still need reconstructing at some point.

While the camera was there, heres a shot the other way inside the rockers towards the rear passenger wheel

Still some more work to do then!!

Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Awesome work!! Thanks for up-dating with all these pics
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I really wish I could do this stuff and get the rust under control to my own car.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

mang that rust goes far

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Your a magician.
                      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                        Your a magician.
                        Nah, just work hard!!

Time to tidy up that inner panel and make a replacement to butt weld in.
                        Before that its cheer me up time!

Here are the red powder coated upper A arms for the front suspension. Look sexy!

Okay, thats remotivated me, so lets make a new inner rocker (sill) panel. This has got to be accurate since it will be butt welded all the way round

I have had to make it in 3 sections because I didn't have a single sheet long enough! I will weld them together first on the bench and then weld them in fully.
                        The bottom will then be cut level.

I need to treat the inside of the rockers first.

Andy.
                        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Damn dude, that's a helluva lotta work. I wish I had the time and place to do that kinda stuff to my own car.

Interesting choice of color on the frame. With it that low to the ground with big wheels tucked in, isn't it still gonna be kinda hard to see? Unless you get wheels with a lot of open air space in the rim...I don't know, but it looks damn good. I wouldn't mind having a dark red frame, but I don't need nothing flashy.

Keep it coming.

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                            Damn dude, that's a helluva lotta work. I wish I had the time and place to do that kinda stuff to my own car.

Interesting choice of color on the frame. With it that low to the ground with big wheels tucked in, isn't it still gonna be kinda hard to see? Unless you get wheels with a lot of open air space in the rim...I don't know, but it looks damn good. I wouldn't mind having a dark red frame, but I don't need nothing flashy.

Keep it coming.
                            Thanks MrMarquis

If you think thats flash, take a look at my camaro that I built myself!!

Might not go quite as far with this, but .................... who knows!

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

That is some damn good work, this car is going to be hot when its done. Keep it up.
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

haha I love the drive shaft.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X