Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Hi all.
    Got invited over here by lincolmania via cvn! Didn't even lnow you were here!

Anyway, I bought a 1990 Country squire back in october in the UK for a full resto/custom air bagged lowrider project.

I started a regular update on cvn that is now 16 pages long! I now wish I had started it here! I will continue on here though and apologise for not getting the whole story here. Anyway, if you have plenty of time, go to

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...969426&fpart=1

Hope the link is allowed!

For a quick teaser, here is its frame leaning against my tree awaiting welding a few weks ago!

Heres the car up in the air on homemade supports

The tyres and wheels are just balanced in place to keep the neighbours happy!

I'll keep you all updated.
    Andy.

Ps Cant believe I spelt lowrider wrong in the title!!
    Last edited by andyfanshawe; 01-31-2010, 06:49 PM.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Nice to see you slid on over to grandmarq.net, Nice car!
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
      Nice car!
      Thanks!
      It isn't, but it will be!

Andy.
      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

nice, a wagon lowrider lol...keep us posted and welcome!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I will continue on here though
          I hope that doesn't mean you'll stop updating on CVN. (nothing against GMN!).

Alex.

Comment

welcome..

I've been following on fordforums.
            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Welcome. I imagine that will be a rather uncommon car over on that side.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome!
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

i brought him over so he could get the body mount swap info alex.......information is information.....i had a few people message me that he needed my assistance

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nice project!

My Dad, one of my brother's, and I swapped the frame on my Dad's '99 P71. We had a forklift, gantry, etc, etc, and it was still a pain in the balls. Your determination is phenomenal!
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Looking good man, also good to see you over here. Are you planning any performance modifications or are you restoring it to stock?
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                        The tyres and wheels are just balanced in place to keep the neighbours happy!
                        :lol: I did that a couple of times during my front suspension rebuild, since with two nonrunning vehicles in the garage I've been having to work entirely in the driveway. Lowered the front down close to ground level and balanced wheels in the openings to help avoid too much notice. Granted, the neighbors who were strongly suspected of constantly reporting another neighbor for violations of one of our stupider ordinances (and costing him lots of money in fines) have since moved, but no point in tempting fate.

This will be interesting to see! I'm no fan of lowriders myself, but it's usually a good thing for a wagon to be put to some use other than demolition.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                          I hope that doesn't mean you'll stop updating on CVN. (nothing against GMN!).

Alex.
                          No. I'll keep that going as well.

Andy.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                          Nice project!

My Dad, one of my brother's, and I swapped the frame on my Dad's '99 P71. We had a forklift, gantry, etc, etc, and it was still a pain in the balls. Your determination is phenomenal!
                          It certainly is hard work, but fun!!

If I EVER say I'm going to do it again, will someone PLEASE talk me out of it!

Andy.

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                          Looking good man, also good to see you over here. Are you planning any performance modifications or are you restoring it to stock?
                          No performance upgrades this time. Done that too many times before.

I've never done stock. Modified is my way. Smoothing, lowering, etc. Super clean in appearance inside. out and under!

Andy.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Okay heres the continuing story/saga of the build of this wagon.

See http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...95#Post1872395 for the previous work

Did I say that the passenger side would be better!!! Well I was wrong. Very very wrong.

This is the first view inside the rockers/sills

The rust has spread up into the bottom of the C post and the metalwork right under the back door. The outer rocker, even though it is galvanised, is also seriously weakened.

Heres the bad rust areas ringed

Further down the inner rockers towards the front is also bad.

This will take some time to repair-but I have 2 weeks! The frame is arriving tomorrow in its new powdercoat so it looks like it will be back on the garden until the rust repairs are done.

What is amazing is the amount of rust metal that has come out of the rockers. I'll get a photo tomorrow.

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Jesus I thought my car had a good amount of rust. Props for going through all that work, I just hate rust very much, however who doesn't?
                              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                              X