PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Hi all.
    Got invited over here by lincolmania via cvn! Didn't even lnow you were here!

Anyway, I bought a 1990 Country squire back in october in the UK for a full resto/custom air bagged lowrider project.

I started a regular update on cvn that is now 16 pages long! I now wish I had started it here! I will continue on here though and apologise for not getting the whole story here. Anyway, if you have plenty of time, go to

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...969426&fpart=1

Hope the link is allowed!

For a quick teaser, here is its frame leaning against my tree awaiting welding a few weks ago!

Heres the car up in the air on homemade supports

The tyres and wheels are just balanced in place to keep the neighbours happy!

I'll keep you all updated.
    Andy.

Ps Cant believe I spelt lowrider wrong in the title!!
    Last edited by andyfanshawe; 01-31-2010 at 05:49 PM.

"In science it is either physics or stamp collecting." - Ernest Rutherford 91grandmarquis's Avatar

Nice to see you slid on over to grandmarq.net, Nice car!
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Quote Originally Posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
    Nice car!
    Thanks!
    It isn't, but it will be!

Andy.

Play me something funky! marquisman's Avatar

nice, a wagon lowrider lol...keep us posted and welcome!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302 special blend (GMGT)- Summer fun
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 302 (Errand runner) Summer fun
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier 4.6L (Hustler) Summer Sunday cruiser
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited 4.6L (Un-named) Daily

I will continue on here though
    I hope that doesn't mean you'll stop updating on CVN. (nothing against GMN!).

Alex.

I'm ridin on a dolphin, doing flips and shit cld783's Avatar

welcome..

I've been following on fordforums.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Guy View Post
    I hope that doesn't mean you'll stop updating on CVN. (nothing against GMN!).

Alex.
    No. I'll keep that going as well.

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by P72Ford View Post
    Nice project!

My Dad, one of my brother's, and I swapped the frame on my Dad's '99 P71. We had a forklift, gantry, etc, etc, and it was still a pain in the balls. Your determination is phenomenal!
    It certainly is hard work, but fun!!

If I EVER say I'm going to do it again, will someone PLEASE talk me out of it!

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990LTD View Post
    Looking good man, also good to see you over here. Are you planning any performance modifications or are you restoring it to stock?
    No performance upgrades this time. Done that too many times before.

I've never done stock. Modified is my way. Smoothing, lowering, etc. Super clean in appearance inside. out and under!

Andy.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Welcome. I imagine that will be a rather uncommon car over on that side.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

GMN Regular

Welcome!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

i brought him over so he could get the body mount swap info alex.......information is information.....i had a few people message me that he needed my assistance

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

White collar, and a red neck P72Ford's Avatar

Nice project!

My Dad, one of my brother's, and I swapped the frame on my Dad's '99 P71. We had a forklift, gantry, etc, etc, and it was still a pain in the balls. Your determination is phenomenal!
    **1965 Ford Mustang Coupe: Currently on the Rotisserie, 306/T5/4.10s Long Term Street/ Strip Project
    **1990 Ford Mustang LX Hatchback: 5.0, 5 spd, 4.10s; 30K original miles Cruiser
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0, 6 spd, 3.73s; 17K miles Cruiser
    **2008 CVPI, Ex MSP Unit #420: 4.6, 3.55TL Flowmaster 10 knock offs, dark tint, JD Blitz Black, DD, CHALKBOARD
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG): 103, Cobra Speedsters, Cosmetics
    **2014 Ram 1500 QCSB Express 4WD Hemi/8spd TF/3L21 Truck Duties; Boesch Built, Cosmetics

fuck no, not today, thank you kindly 1990LTD's Avatar

Looking good man, also good to see you over here. Are you planning any performance modifications or are you restoring it to stock?

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Quote Originally Posted by andyfanshawe View Post
    The tyres and wheels are just balanced in place to keep the neighbours happy!
    :lol: I did that a couple of times during my front suspension rebuild, since with two nonrunning vehicles in the garage I've been having to work entirely in the driveway. Lowered the front down close to ground level and balanced wheels in the openings to help avoid too much notice. Granted, the neighbors who were strongly suspected of constantly reporting another neighbor for violations of one of our stupider ordinances (and costing him lots of money in fines) have since moved, but no point in tempting fate.

This will be interesting to see! I'm no fan of lowriders myself, but it's usually a good thing for a wagon to be put to some use other than demolition.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Click below to buy my cool '81 LTD:

Okay heres the continuing story/saga of the build of this wagon.

See http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...95#Post1872395 for the previous work

Did I say that the passenger side would be better!!! Well I was wrong. Very very wrong.

This is the first view inside the rockers/sills

The rust has spread up into the bottom of the C post and the metalwork right under the back door. The outer rocker, even though it is galvanised, is also seriously weakened.

Heres the bad rust areas ringed

Further down the inner rockers towards the front is also bad.

This will take some time to repair-but I have 2 weeks! The frame is arriving tomorrow in its new powdercoat so it looks like it will be back on the garden until the rust repairs are done.

What is amazing is the amount of rust metal that has come out of the rockers. I'll get a photo tomorrow.

Andy.

"In science it is either physics or stamp collecting." - Ernest Rutherford 91grandmarquis's Avatar

Jesus I thought my car had a good amount of rust. Props for going through all that work, I just hate rust very much, however who doesn't?
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

once I get the time, Ill have to poke through the whole story. I'd like to pull the frame off eventually as well (but thats a looooong way away). Cant wait to see more.
    Andrew, 21 year old mechanical engineering student.

Parts Car (Wrecked ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free, plans still being drafted.
    DD - Victor - 2000 Crown Victoria LX: Headunit, Speakers, and Amp Only.

Heres a few shots of the frame after media blasting and powder coating

And the final one of the glorious colour coat of bright red! Although it looks orange in the photo.

Before anyone asks why red? Well, I'm not going through all this work to powder coat a frame black so you can't see it when its in! I want it to be painfully obvious that its there!! Cant wait for annual inspection time! And its my favourite colour of all time!

Before anyone criticises the colour, ..................I don't care!!!

Andy.

Although it looks orange in the photo.

Andy.
    lol, when I first saw the picture, i immediately asked myself, "why the hell would he paint a ford frame chevy orange?" Then I read the caption. It looks good. I also want to know what wheels are going on it, as well as what color you plan on painting it (to go with the red frame)

Parts Car (Wrecked ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free, plans still being drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
    lol, when I first saw the picture, i immediately asked myself, "why the hell would he paint a ford frame chevy orange?" Then I read the caption. It looks good. I also want to know what wheels are going on it, as well as what color you plan on painting it (to go with the red frame)
    Hi.
    Don't know what wheels are going to be on it yet. It will be in the DUBS style though with big wheels tucked up underneath. Thats the interesting part though.....drooling over wheels and then choosing! That can be the reward for all the hard work.
    But then again, the inner wheelarches at the back have to be cut out and reprofiled so I need a rough idea of the size.

The paint scheme is also an unknown at the mo, Designs are being drawn up. In true overhaulin' style! i want the top bit all black to go with the limo tint windows. Under that..who knows?

Heres a couple of views of the top bit as may want it. Futuristic looking.

Andy.
    Last edited by andyfanshawe; 02-03-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Hi.
    Thats the interesting part though.....drooling over wheels and then choosing! That can be the reward for all the hard work.
    i can account for that, I was going through wheel choices long before I joined up here, it took me like a year to figure out which ones I want. Between size and what would look good with the paint and what-not. The only bad thing is deciding during winter time, then having the 1200 bucks (cost of wheels and tires I want) staring at you in the face that you cant do anything with til it warms up.

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast