No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, time to get this build back on track.

Wagon put back onto its side and the underside needs prepping for paint.

Its covered in oil and grease and generally filthy. So out with the solvents and a few hours scrubbing!

Heres the before and after photos

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Here's a stick in the spokes. When I replaced the inner rockers, there were a few rusty thin areas on the outer rockers that were a concern. Here's a spot

So I'm going to replace them both and then paint the entire underside green at the same time.

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

He's alive!
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Alive!!!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

woohoo! Andy's back!

and yeah... self-preserving oil leaking bastards these cars are. I love it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              woohoo! Andy's back!

If it's not leaking, then you've got a problem. That's how it works with old cars.

Or you're just too lazy to fix the problem, that's a common one.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Hi all.
                Really got to apologise to everyone. My poor wagon has been sat waiting in my garage for ....... well, months and months. No excuses really, except that life gets in the way. But, no more. This has got to be be completed.
                No way is this going to be an abandoned project.
                Im closing my workshop doors for a while so I can get this back on track.
                So tomorrow is restart time.
                Plans are to fabricate new outer rocker panels (inside ones were fabricated ages ago and welded in.
                Then paint the entire underside and put it back on its chassis.
                Weld up the hole in the firewall where the scaffold pipe went through for the tilter, move the wagon down to my workshop on the lift and move my camaro into my home workshop.
                No excuses then.

Really sorry I have let everybody down, but time for change.

Not even sure if the old crowd is still on here now!

Anyway, loads of photos to come......

Andy.

Comment

Woohoo!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yay. Good to hear from you and good to hear you will still be chugging along with this endeavor.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Good to see you back Andy! Been wondering what the status of the project was. And stop in every now and again even if you get nothing done on the box so we know your still out there.

Alex.

Comment

YAY!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          woohoo! Andy's back!

This. Oil all over is a great thing, means no rust. You can still see the Ecoat on the floor pans because of it. Once you're done I suggest to either keep it away from salt & moisture or oil the piss out of it again.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Glad to see you back at it. No worries about lack of progress. For some of us that's a pretty common theme. Just pop in now and then to let us know how you're doing. Cheers!

Comment

Its good to be bacK!

Thanks to all the "old timers" who are going to revisit this thread!! I think its time to get this wagon rolling.........

My business is going well, but its time to step back a bit and have more time for me and my stuff!!

Rocker panels time and then the bodywork is complete enough to put the body back on the chassis. Then assemble and paint and we should be good to roll next summer.

This is the only rusty part of the car that has not been sorted out.
                              Panel marked out for cutting

And out it comes

here's a view from outside the garage

Here's the inside of the rocker i've just cut out. Can just about see some rust that has eaten away to make it very thin in places.

Tomorrow i will start to fabricate a new panel from 1.5 mm thick steel sheet (exact thickness that the original was). Its slightly curved so I will have to make a former to bend it around.

Oh, did i say, it was good to be back?!! laugh

Andy.
                              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Yay. For updates on this full resto!.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X