No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

once I get the time, Ill have to poke through the whole story. I'd like to pull the frame off eventually as well (but thats a looooong way away). Cant wait to see more.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Heres a few shots of the frame after media blasting and powder coating

And the final one of the glorious colour coat of bright red! Although it looks orange in the photo.

Before anyone asks why red? Well, I'm not going through all this work to powder coat a frame black so you can't see it when its in! I want it to be painfully obvious that its there!! Cant wait for annual inspection time! And its my favourite colour of all time!

Before anyone criticises the colour, ..................I don't care!!!

Andy.
      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

keep the shit up! progress is being made.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I like the red. Looks good.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

noice work. if i was in a country where unibody cars, id wanna show off my frame too! lol what kinda wheels are gonna go on the car?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              noice work. if i was in a country where unibody cars, id wanna show off my frame too! lol what kinda wheels are gonna go on the car?
              Good question.
              Don't know yet.
              But they must be at least 20" and tuck up under the bodywork. May even go for bigger at the back but keep the stance low. The DUB look if you know what i mean.

Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

i cant wait to see the finnished product. you have a expected finnish date?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                  Although it looks orange in the photo.

Andy.
                  lol, when I first saw the picture, i immediately asked myself, "why the hell would he paint a ford frame chevy orange?" Then I read the caption. It looks good. I also want to know what wheels are going on it, as well as what color you plan on painting it (to go with the red frame)
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Welcome! You're extremely ambitious, lol. I can't wait to see the finished product, judging by the quality and thoroughness of the work thus far.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      i cant wait to see the finnished product. you have a expected finnish date?
                      A good question. I have a weeks holiday from the 12th feb. The plans are to get the frame back then and start to assemble the car. This is assuming the body mounts arrive, the required spacers arrive and the weather permits.

By the end of feb I want the car running again and roadworthy. Then I will shake down any faults and then start to prep the car for a paint job. ie door handles and locks removed, fuel filler door relocated, top of A post repaired (rotten and cracked), heater core changed, wood removed, rear bumper tucked in closer and profile changed , bottom of rear quarter reprofiled, rear inner wheelarch removed fully and redesigned....etc. Then the paint scheme (not quite sure what yet) then air suspension install, custom exhaust, wheels and tyres, and we are done.
                      All by end of May please...............:smirk:

BUT, we all know cars are never finished, and I think of things as I am going along. The original intention was for the car to tow our caravan to car shows and mini breaks but I have bought a Chrysler Voyager to do that task now. So I can do what I like to this car! This is my little toy plaything
                      Who knows what it will turn into?
                      The front needs changing as well, the rear lights need modernising (LED conversion), possible gfx designed built and fitted, digital dash built and fitted, major in car entertainment fitted..............etc.
                      This car is so big anything is possible.

What can YOU do with a blank canvas?

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

welcome to gmn mang glad your over here I enjoyed reading your progress so far on the car on cvn hope you get the info you need. I'm looking foward to seeing your progress

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                          lol, when I first saw the picture, i immediately asked myself, "why the hell would he paint a ford frame chevy orange?" Then I read the caption. It looks good. I also want to know what wheels are going on it, as well as what color you plan on painting it (to go with the red frame)
                          Hi.
                          Don't know what wheels are going to be on it yet. It will be in the DUBS style though with big wheels tucked up underneath. Thats the interesting part though.....drooling over wheels and then choosing! That can be the reward for all the hard work.
                          But then again, the inner wheelarches at the back have to be cut out and reprofiled so I need a rough idea of the size.

The paint scheme is also an unknown at the mo, Designs are being drawn up. In true overhaulin' style! i want the top bit all black to go with the limo tint windows. Under that..who knows?

Heres a couple of views of the top bit as may want it. Futuristic looking.

Andy.
                          Last edited by andyfanshawe; 02-03-2010, 12:54 PM.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

My dream wagon top is to redo the tailgate as a liftgate, possibly a little like what's on an Explorer or Expedition. And of course, ditch the stock roof rack and build a removable rack that's actually useful. Not that that's all that relavent for a lowrider, but still.

A guy we haven't seen around in a while who called himself "portdizzal" just welded his tailgate shut and added sheetmetal around the rear window to eliminate the trim. Then he welded panels over where the Squire taillights were and added pointy old Cadillac taillamps. Weird, but nifty at the same time.

I do like your notion of major visual updates. It'll be interesting to see what you finally hit on!
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                              Hi.
                              Thats the interesting part though.....drooling over wheels and then choosing! That can be the reward for all the hard work.
                              i can account for that, I was going through wheel choices long before I joined up here, it took me like a year to figure out which ones I want. Between size and what would look good with the paint and what-not. The only bad thing is deciding during winter time, then having the 1200 bucks (cost of wheels and tires I want) staring at you in the face that you cant do anything with til it warms up.

Comment

After 3 days of snow and rain, I got my chance to start the rust repairs on the passenger side.
                                Wonderful!!

Now I can't get any body panels for this, so whatever I cut out I have to weld back. Or make a new panel from flat steel. What I plan to do is a combination of the two. Remove panels as clean as I can, replace the rusty bits on those panels, then weld them all back in. Simple eh?

But first lets find the true extent of the damage

Heres an explanatory screwdriver jab!

Gone through here

and here

Heres the back of the panel in the last photograph. You can see why it corrodes-a double skinned panel that collects moisture behind

This is interesting. There is a black foam material that is inside the panel. When this was squeezed (by my chisel!) water came squirting out. No wonder it is rotting from the inside down

Hers a peek inside at the extent of the rust. Doesn't look too bad now! yeah right!

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X