No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is amazing. I get excited when I see a new post from you in this thread.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
      This is amazing. I get excited when I see a new post from you in this thread.
      x2, this is really informative, you should make a book lol.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the next update!
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Thanks guys. Its a real pleasure posting here for me. I'll keep the posts coming.........

Welded the seat frame mechanism,

Tested the 6 way movements and it is fully functional!! Thats what I like, a dead cheap repair!!

Onto the transmission now.
        Before it is fitted I need to make a couple of new plates for the top of the trans x member to frame mounts. The old ones have rotted and come off the rubber.
        Made these out of 3mm steel plate

Next is the trans to cooling pipes. I had to cut one of them at the trans because I couldn't get it undone. Nows a good chance to make a new one out of new pipe.

I had to cut the top one in this picture back in october

Heres the new one made at the side of the other one that I will reuse but cleaned up (that was a bad sentence!).

Final job is to clean up the trans and give it a coat of silver to freshen it up.
        3 hours later and seriously sore fingers, and we have a prepped and masked transmission

Silver paint later and it looks smarter

Try to put it in tomorrow. Then get ready for engine in.

Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I love all of the rags on the grass!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Forgot to add! Had the injectors cleaned by stripping out the filter baskets from the top of each one, removing the plastic base and spraying fluid backwards through them and then dipping them in an ultrasonic bath.

New filter baskets and bases and spray pattern tested okay for each one!

Heres a boring shot of the new injectors waiting to go in.

Couldn't get any shots of the cleaning process since a local shop did it!! Sorry to all. $60 for all 8.

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

i like the copper lines. they are prolly better than regular steel ones...and awsome progress!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                x2, this is really informative, you should make a book lol.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the next update!

I hope Andy doesn't mind but I've been saving pics for reference purposes. Like most have said, I don't think anyone has gone this deep into one of these cars before
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

240 images in total! wow.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                    I hope Andy doesn't mind but I've been saving pics for reference purposes. Like most have said, I don't think anyone has gone this deep into one of these cars before
                    Hi 1990LTD.
                    I certainly don't mind you saving any photos. This is one reason I do this. I have roughly 2000 photos up to now, so If you want any others just ask and I may have them.
                    I have enjoyed watching the progress on your car by the way

Bit of a get bits in today!

Trans in first

YeaH, yeah, I know the trans pan is filthy but it won't be soon!!

Heres a good view of the new trans cooling pipe

Heres one of the plates I made for the frame to trans x member rubber mount yesterday. You can just see it on the top

Then I finished off the front brake pipes. Here's one that I made to go from the master cylinder to the passenger side front wheel, attached to the new flexy pipe. Alongside it is the old pipe from the master cylinder to the drivers front wheel (used it as a pattern to make the new one).

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

What about some comparison photos? Bit of a motivator eh?

Rusty driver side frame corner and new one

Passenger side with some of the rust cut out of the frame, and the new repairs

That's well and truly sorted them out then!! The frame is now full of rustproofing fluid and the all importanat drain holes in the corners.

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Yeah, that tranny pan is a MESS!
                        I'll trade you my clean tranny pan for your clean pretty much everything else.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Andy, that is some awesome work you have done.

About your photo's do you happen to have more of them online, on a site like photobucket, flickr, or something similar?
                          I'd be interested in stealing... Um I mean seeing them too!
                          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                          Open/Lock/Ratio #
                          -----------------------
                          G / H / 2.26
                          B / C / 2.47
                          8 / M / 2.73
                          7 / - / 3.07
                          Y / Z / 3.08
                          4 / D / 3.42
                          F / R / 3.45
                          5 / E / 3.27
                          6 / W / 3.73
                          2 / K / 3.55
                          A / - / 3.63
                          J / - / 3.85

Comment

The ones in this thread are all on photobucket. No others are on there.
                            I have the rest stored on my hard drive.
                            Let me see what I can do.

Right, its about time that engine went in,....

Had to move my Camaro out of the garage to hook up the engine to the cherry picker

You can just see my poor chevy abandoned outside!!

This is where its going!

The floor isn't level so one of the legs has to go on some wooden blocks

Here's a comparison shot of before and after

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

"Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I've had to install an engine on an uneven surface, didn't have any blocks so I had my brother stand on the back of the engine hoist to keep the engine level. And to keep the whole thing from tipping over. Fun times.
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X