No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would personally bitch slap any man that said 90-91 dash removal was easy.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

True that!! LOL
      '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
      "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
      "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
      "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
      "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Heater Core replacement time!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
          Heater Core replacement time!!
          Just my thoughts also. Got one waiting to go in!

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

dropping the dash to get at the air plenum for a core replacement isn't that bad... REMOVING the dash... that's an EPIC PITA!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

figured while he already had the dash out.......

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Finally got the dash clear

Took me 1 hour to try to remove the wiring plug from the fan resistor pack on the firewall behind the plenum. Eventually gave up and had to spend another hour trying to undo the 2 8mm bolts holding it on. Here's the little sucker

Even then it took some pulling and levering to get the plug off. This is why

You can just see the rust on the pins. These are going to need a good clean up.

I said earlier that dash removal on this 1990 cv was a PITA, but I was wrong. PITA is a complete understatement. This could be a new punishment for criminals. Rather than going to jail they have to remove the dashboard on a box panther.
                I'm seriously looking forward to putting this back
                But it wont be going back like this - many mods will be done including removing some of the wires and possible rearrangement. More of that later. Now I can get back to the welding.

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

damn thats bad!!!!!!
                  '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                  "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                  "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                  "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                  "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

not near as bad as the one in my 88 was right after I bought it...
                    Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

slymer: Now THOSE are some scary pics.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

ah, melty blower resistor plugs. I've never unplugged mine. I tried once, and it would not let go. I expect its fused together. It works, so I'm not dicking with it.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah... that was the only reason I replaced mine... it no worky.

Comment

Here's the last state of play with a little flange left over and took advice from rellik god and removed the last bit.

Out that comes with rust underneath. Here it is cleaned up

Heavy rust to come out next

Oops! Cut through the plate below it, so have to weld it up

New panel fabricated and offered up

and welded in

I'll put the other 2 layers back tomorrow.

While i was removing the air bag safing sensor from the bottom of the A post, I spotted this

and this

Sort that out next.

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

vigilance!
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Ooops! Missed a photo out above! Should have said....

Sort this rust spot out soon

Todays jobs were easy for a change.
                                Remove all remaining rust..

Fabricate a plate to get the top of the A post back to 3 thicknesses..

Drill some holes in it to be able to spot weld through

Mark where these holes will be on the A post, mask them off and etch prime the post and the back of the plate so it'll never rust again!!

You can just see the small masking tape patches if you look closely!

Weld it in tomorrow and fabricate the final closing off patch.

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X