1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I should clarify that.
    Have you found anything yet that makes it easier to remove? Other than a belt sander and a wire brush that is...
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
      Andy, how are you dealing with the glue left behind by the fake wood?
      Nothing that takes it straight off. I'm afraid its panel wipe degreaser sprayed on with an atomizer spray and 80 grit paper by hand or flat bed. Rolls up and comes off like chewing gum. Certainly blocks up the paper fast.

Are you considering taking some off?

Andy.
      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Here we go with the rear door....

Back to bare metal round the handle area

My air saw to the rescue to cut it out

Always amazes me that a straight hacksaw blade can cut round corners!!

Patch cut out and stuck in place with duct tape and a magnet and tacked in place

Finished welded over the next hour or two (taking it slow to keep distortion to a minimum

Don't let appearences deceive, there is distortion there that will take a few hours to sort out by tweaking and tapping and levering..etc!

Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
          Nothing that takes it straight off. I'm afraid its panel wipe degreaser sprayed on with an atomizer spray and 80 grit paper by hand or flat bed. Rolls up and comes off like chewing gum. Certainly blocks up the paper fast.

Are you considering taking some off?

Andy.
          I am, eventually. I keep hoping someone finds an easy way to do it first. LOL.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

"Always amazes me that a straight hacksaw blade can cut round corners!!"

YEAH. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO CUT STRAIGHT!!

Comment

Hi 1990LTD

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              I bet you can't just walk into your local shop and ask for a set of plugs and wires for it
              You can't walk into a shop in the states and get plug wires for it

Regards

Dereck
              President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Dereck's right!! Cos I cant find them on my mark!

Heres my new temporary worktop in my small garage!

Skim of filler on the welded up door and off we go to the worktop

Base of door paint stripped off to check for any corossion (none)

Then door turned over and bottom lip bent open to find any rust beneath. There was minor stuff but not too bad (forgot to take a photo but I will soon). I made up a container to fill with phosphoric acid out of an old gutter and submersed the bottom of the door in it for a day or two.

I fancy laying the windscreen back a few degrees to make it look more streamlined, so will have to do a few drawings to see what it looks like. I'll have to do that after the chanelling though.

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                  Hi 1990LTD

You can't walk into a shop in the states and get plug wires for it

Regards

Dereck

Didn't know they were c.o.p
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                    Didn't know they were c.o.p

Gen 2's are.

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Back to the plot..
                      Here's the front passenger door lock and handle cut out

and joddled patches spot welded in

Heres the bottom of the pass rear door that was in the acid guttering bath

Looks good and rust free.

Onto the dashboard wiring tidy up. Removing all the airbag wiring. Once the defroster/heater ducts are removed theres plenty of room and plenty of wires came out

More tomorrow, but never imagined how events would unfold over the last few days.............

My poor Dad at 88 years of age had a stroke last wednesday night, which is bad enough, but then fell down the stairs he was just at the top of. Unfortunately he has now lost the use of his right leg and right arm, broke his sternum and one rib and now doesn't recognise anybody or knows what he is doing or saying. My Mum, who is 92 is shattered. None of her friends are alive anymore so she has no-one to talk to of her own age. Living to an old age doesn't seem so attractive anymore.

In a way this project of mine is really keeping me sane. Certainly takes my mind off things temporarily. Heres hoping for some peace for my Dad, whatever that turns out to be.

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your folks. Best wishes to them both.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Sorry to hear about the troubles with your folks. Best wishes to them both.
                          This!

Prayers and blessings.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My thoughts, and prayers go out to you, and yours Andy.

Comment

Praying for you and yours!

Axle codes
                              Open/Lock/Ratio #
                              -----------------------
                              G / H / 2.26
                              B / C / 2.47
                              8 / M / 2.73
                              7 / - / 3.07
                              Y / Z / 3.08
                              4 / D / 3.42
                              F / R / 3.45
                              5 / E / 3.27
                              6 / W / 3.73
                              2 / K / 3.55
                              A / - / 3.63
                              J / - / 3.85

Comment

Thanks guys.

Back to the wagon.

Heres the extension to the window channel inside the rear passenger door

This has now gone into my acid bath at the top of the garden!

That red thing on top is a sledge for anyone that doesn't know about snow!! I know the summers in the UK are bad but its only there to stop the acid bath being rained in!

Here's the rear pass door skimmed with filler and awaiting primer

And the back of it already primed

Moving onto the fender and off it comes

This is a familiar view of rust carnage..

I'm going to cut the hell out of it tomorrow with my air saw!

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X