No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My condolences. This is an incredible piece of workmanship and a heck of a thing to have dedicated to someone.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
      Hi 87gtVIC.
      A damn good idea. Badass it will be.

Andy.
      It's already badaz, and it's not even completed yet Somewhere, some time, at least one soul is grinning from ear to ear.

Packman

Comment

sorry for your loss mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

My condolences, Andy.

Comment

Thanks for all the good words guys. He's certainly in a better place now.
            But the build goes on............

20mm angle iron bought and welded in position across the A, B and C posts and connected to the D posts

Sure looks naked now...

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Since I haven't got a fancy 2 post lift, I'm going to have to use 6 scissor jacks to lower the body down over the floor.

I've even managed to persuade my lovely Wife to let me leave the dashboard in the hallway!!

www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

LOL, where did you find 6 matching jacks?
                I suppose it would be the British version of Harbor Freight Tools.
                Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                Open/Lock/Ratio #
                -----------------------
                G / H / 2.26
                B / C / 2.47
                8 / M / 2.73
                7 / - / 3.07
                Y / Z / 3.08
                4 / D / 3.42
                F / R / 3.45
                5 / E / 3.27
                6 / W / 3.73
                2 / K / 3.55
                A / - / 3.63
                J / - / 3.85

Comment

Body is now supported on 6 modified scissor jacks!

I have had to get all the jacks at the same extended length since they are not linear. In other words, one turn of the handle doesn't move the same distance throughout the travel of the jack. That will cause an alignment isssue as it goes down.. Shouldn't be too much but really dont want anything at all.

This has got to be removed next

Then this

Then this area needs welding up because the floor will need to be welded across there

Oh and the chassis at the rear will need shortening about 6cm so it clears the back as it is lowered. Photos from that next.

Exciting times.....

Andy.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

May you and your family remain strong!
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I'd never thought about what it'd take to raise the frame up into the floor. It'll be interesting to see what all is done.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Welded in 4 3mm thick plates at the bottom of each A and B post so the new floor can be welded to it.

Andy.
                        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Removed both rear tailgate area sections today to clear the decks for the up and coming cut.

Before

After

More cutting tomorrow.
                          Andy.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

To get the chassis rails higher up into the body, I need to shorten it and consequently move the rear body mount forward out of the way.

Heres the start of the access

I need access to the top of the rail, so out comes the section above it

Chassis marked for cutting

And cut out

Heres the old mount position compared to the new position

More cutting tomorrow.
                            Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Cuttin' and struttin'!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

will the bumper shock be in the way of the new mount location.looking good andy

Comment

Working...
                                X