1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
    will the bumper shock be in the way of the new mount location.looking good andy
    Yes! Not using bumper shocks no more! The end of the rail will be up behind the bottom of the tailgate! Wont fit.
    I will redesign the bumper mounts - eventually.

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

When you're done, will there actually be any metal on this car you haven't repaired, replaced or modified? Impressive work dude, most people just don't have the capabilities of doing this involved of a resto-mod.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Impressive work dude, most people just don't have the capabilities of doing this involved of a resto-mod.
        +1

Very much looking forward to seeing this done and scaring the neighbors.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          When you're done, will there actually be any metal on this car you haven't repaired, replaced or modified? Impressive work dude, most people just don't have the capabilities of doing this involved of a resto-mod.
          Hi gadget73.
          There will not be much sheet metal left that I haven't changed at the end! And so it should be!!!

Rear floor cut right across the back so it can go up when the body is dropped around it.

I now need to remove the top of each rear wheel arch to enable the wheel/tyre combo to go further up

Heres the level marks to determine when the floor is at the new desired level. Lowest mark is at 6cm, then 8cm, then 10 com.

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I bet the untouched metal will amount to the hood... and maybe the roof.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I have to say this is a very ambitious, and well done, project.
              Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
              AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                I bet the untouched metal will amount to the hood... and maybe the roof.
                Hi Slymer.
                No, the hood will have 2 cuts down it and then the centre raised up - cowl induction style.
                The roof will have the rack removed and the holes welded up.
                So that leaves.....errr...............nothing!

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Here is the intended firewall cut - red line you can just about see.

I will cut out the steering column hole (red line) (can you cut out a hole?!!) and weld it back in later.

Andy.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
                    '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                    "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                    "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                    "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                    "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Final bit of cutting done before we get to the firewall and the big cut!!

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

When this is done we should have a separate thread with just Andy's posts and pics with brief explanations, a total build diary. Without all our comments and kudos interrupting his brilliance.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

the "How to slam a panther wagon" thread. We do have some epic how-to's on here. that would be the MOST epic.

Comment

Making me want to cut on stuff again .... gah.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Here's a chunk of the firewall missing to enable the floor to move up 10cm.

And here's the floor finally moved up 10 cm all round..

Here's a view of the rear tyre/wheel looking good tucked up underneath!

View from underneath later

Andy.
                              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

That looks good!!!
                                Click on picture to see the video!

My other cars: 1986 Mustang GT 1967 Ford Fairlane 500, 2dr hrtp under construction

Comment

Working...
                                X