No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there, Andy! The only way for the breed to survive is for folks like us not to roll over! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

and if you do end up having to give it up... I'm sure some other nutter would pay your asking price. Even if it involved importing it back across the pond.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        and if you do end up having to give it up... I'm sure some other nutter would pay your asking price. Even if it involved importing it back across the pond.
        Sending it back home eh?! If the car ever goes back to the states I'm going with it and never going to return to the UK!! Anybody got space for me my Wife and 2 lads?!! Cheap labour on your cars!

Finally finished welding it in! And loads of rustproofing injected inside.

And onto the front. The firewall to be specific.

Ran a few short welds so far on the passenger side.

Have to be careful here because I am welding galvanised steel and it gives off small quantities of cyanide gas! I'm trying to grind the coating off where I can before welding.

Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

a well placed fan is your friend... if you don't have a respirator.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I like this shot. Shows how far the front tyre/wheel goes up on full drop

Another general shot

Heres a view of how far the servo has gone down. It is very close to the brake pipes, but still fits.

The steering column intermediate shaft goes through the firewall 10 cm further down that it used to do and I will have to make it JUST clear the servo and modify the shaft to work.

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

If you can source one... you might try to get a later (92-97 non-ABS) booster and master cylinder to replace that one with. The diameter is much smaller and bolts right in.

Comment

picture of a 98 brake booster installed.or if you want more room go with a hydroboost system.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
                  picture of a 98 brake booster installed.or if you want more room go with a hydroboost system.
                  Thanks guys, I will see how far off the shaft is when I trial fit the dash soon.

New extended "step" made up out of 3mm steel sheet and welded in place.

I will weld the floor back to this.

The weatherstrip will go along there so will have to be shortened. The bottom inside face of the door will have to be reshaped and the door card shortened.

More to come.
                  Andy.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Started to close the gap between the rockers and the floorpan on the drivers side.
                    Hope you all can understand this but here is the gap

Here's a patch welded up to go in that gap

Bending that wavy section took some considerable time!!

I intend to spot weld it to the floor pan and spot weld to the verticals then seam weld across the floor to stiffen it up.

Interestingly, in a few weeks I have to get the body up high off the chassis, wheel the chassis out and work underneath for hours then wheel the chassis back in overnight.
                    No 2 post ramps here. At the moment I have 3 block and tackle systems ready to go to raise it up but may incorporate other ideas yet.

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Firewall tacked together and gaps filled in at the side and just under the servo lower holes. Excuse the rusty appearance, I've not cleaned it up yet!!

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

mmm... more burnt metal.

awesome work as usual.

Comment

The "Bionic Car"!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

"We can rebuild it!" Or... well, uh.... Andy can anyway. I usually joke that I can fix anything but a broken heart, but I certainly don't have the metal fabricating skills that Andy does.
                            Last edited by GoodSamaritan; 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM.
                            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                            Open/Lock/Ratio #
                            -----------------------
                            G / H / 2.26
                            B / C / 2.47
                            8 / M / 2.73
                            7 / - / 3.07
                            Y / Z / 3.08
                            4 / D / 3.42
                            F / R / 3.45
                            5 / E / 3.27
                            6 / W / 3.73
                            2 / K / 3.55
                            A / - / 3.63
                            J / - / 3.85

Comment

Hi AndyFanshawe

When this puppy is finished I can feel a trip north coming on to pleasure myself at its awesomeness.

Regards

Dereck
                              President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                                Hi AndyFanshawe

When this puppy is finished I can feel a trip north coming on to pleasure myself at its awesomeness.

Regards

Dereck
                                Hi Dereck.
                                You'll be very welcome
                                Kettle will be on.
                                Seriously looking forward to talking to a fellow enthusiast of American machinery. Gets a bit lonely up here in my cold dark (well, very light actually) damp garage

Only had an hour or so on it today, so decided to have a break from the painful fabrication and welding and do something simple!
                                Shorten and rebend/reflare the brake pipes at the master cylinder.

Here's an indication of how far the master cylinder has moved down

Completed it an hour later and its back to the fabrication tomorrow.

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X