No announcement yet.

My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you guys were wondering what the chrome spray paint was for well i will reveal it now. I repainted my air cleaner with it and i am also going to spray paint the coffee can chrome. Also here a pic of my new distributor cap and wires.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Update on stuff i haven't updated my reader's ride thread in a long time

have been doing some refurbishing of the car and other stuff. The car is getting a brand new paint job and all dents taken out and a new vinyl top. Will look brand new. It is going to be paitned the same color only this time it will be Maroon Poly so it's metallic version. The top will be red. I have tried to get every option i can put on this car to make it fully loaded. My car was named on this website and her name is Marina.

Here's a brief history of what has been done

The car and it's looks currently

New Steering Wheel Center Cap From a 1979 Marquis

Swapped my 83 Speedometer with a 1988 Grand Marquis because i liked the 88 one better. My old one works pefectly and is up for sale with for $30+shipping.

Installed A Tripminder

Installed my Aiwa Head Unit

Dash pad cover looks stock and doesnt show all the cracks on my dash top

Repainted my Grill

Repainted the head light rings Black

Repainted My Cowl Came out ok could have been better but im satisfied. Should have sanded it more.

The Refurbished looking 302 Engine dynoed at tech school at 184.8HP and 264.3 Pounds of torque, more improvements on the way. Stock rating was 130 HP and 230 pounds of torque major improvement and is quite aggressive.

3G 95 AMP Alternator from a Taurus

Mr.Gasket Chrome Valve Covers

Edelbrock Air Cleaner

Distributor Condom Boot

New Red Hoses

New Radiator and Cap

5.0 Liter Emblem i got from a Oldsmobile Cutlass in the junkyard near me. Going to refurbish the black lettering it is faded bad.

The Bad cracking paint and vinyl top soon to be redone completely.

New Autolamp Rearview Mirror from a 98 Eddie Bauer Explorer not hooked up until i switch over to an autolamps conversion in the future.

New Exhaust Thursh Welded True Dual Exhuast with high flow cats with 22 inch Cherrybomb Exhaust tips with a 4 inch outlet hole.

Video of exhaust

New Ignition Control Module

New Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires in Yellow See In pics

Soon repairs coming is

New Fuel Filter
      New Oil Pan Gasket
      New Transmission Pan Gasket
      Exhaust Fully Welded and put together.
      New Wheel Cylinders
      New Orifice Tube and AC Fully Charged.
      New Tires
      Last edited by MattsLincoln; 09-03-2010, 03:27 PM.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

That is one nice Merc. Looks like you are well on your way to having a real show stopper.

You should try a picture like this one.

Find a park or an open field and stage the car so there is only trees or bushes, maybe a wooden fence in the background and remember to turn the front wheels slightly.
        1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

sounds like a new signature pic for me thanks for the idea.

Comment

Your exhaust sound good man!
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
              Your exhaust sound good man!

yes it got a kick and growl to it and it's not annoyingly loud.

Comment

nice progress! I remember hoping this thing would get a full sorting and repaint when you first joined, I'm glad it's getting the love it deserved.

Is that a variable venturi carb lurking under the air cleaner or???

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

no it's a CFI unit that i am going to enlarge the spacer holes and intake maifold holes for better fuel flow and better response.

Comment

but 4 inch? talk about megaphones... that's huge!

does sound good. need some revs in that vid for good measure though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                      but 4 inch? talk about megaphones... that's huge!

does sound good. need some revs in that vid for good measure though.

maybe when i go pose it this week. cant rev it in my neighborhood it's too loud.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post

New Autolamp Rearview Mirror from a 98 Eddie Bauer Explorer not hooked up until i switch over to an autolamps conversion in the future.

You do know that that is something completely different than autolamps right? That's auto dim, a feature only towncars had. With their own wiring. Autolamps are easy. Autodim is a bitch to install.

Comment

i dont care if dims. high beams don't blind me. im use to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                            i dont care if dims. high beams don't blind me. im use to it.
                            Autodim is more than just the mirror changing its tint. It also is tied into the multifunction switch to kick your highbeams off when the mirror senses oncoming traffic.

Comment

funny thing is i never used the day night switch on my old mirror so i don't care if it doesn't work. would be sweet to make it work. grand marquis first.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X