My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    We've seen your wiring!!!! It will be a while before anyone lets you wire anything in their cars, methinks.
    You'll get better... when I first started wiring things into my first car, I was just twisting wires together and wrapping them with duct tape (14 years ago...)
    Duct tape? That's fancy, I used scotch tape.

Comment

went to the yard today and got me some goodies. also some pics of johns car and mine when i was at his house installing my keyless entry and digital gauges.

got me fender braces from a wagon, dimming mirror with compass, 2 jbl dash speakers, and jbl speakers for john sexton.

heres pics

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

How did you get the dash speakers out? It looks simple, but with the windshield in the way. I have not found a tool small enough to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          How did you get the dash speakers out? It looks simple, but with the windshield in the way. I have not found a tool small enough to work.
          In the past, I've used a 1/4" box wrench with a phillips bit and done it like that. Gotta be careful not to drop the bit though.

Comment

These work OK, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Angled-Screwdriver.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1265442
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              In the past, I've used a 1/4" box wrench with a phillips bit and done it like that. Gotta be careful not to drop the bit though.

i use a vicegrip with a Phillips bit works all the time.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

yay my heater core came now to get my paycheck and have john sexton install it. had to go with an aftermarket one becuase the ford heater cores are obsolete now cant find a single one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-D4h2PRreo

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post

Back View, the car is dirty after the brake lines i will get her washed.(I have a Custom exhaust tip on it).

Where did you get the 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis License Cover?
                  Last edited by 85crownHPP; 04-14-2012, 01:19 PM. Reason: fixed

Comment

E-Bay?
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I think thats a plate frame you can buy with changeable lettering.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                      X