My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    looks like after scottfest marina is getting a badass cb radio going into her. cant wait.

http://salestores.com/cobra29ltdbt.html
    I've got a 40 channel Cobra 29LX Limited Edition waiting to go in. I'll be building a wooden platform to sit over the tranny hump to mount it on.

But if you ask Scottmang though, anything with 40 channels is just a toy!

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

well all my mail came today. got my code alarm keyless entry system New, got a brand new 3 hole gauge mounting bracket for my digital gauges, got my digital gauges, and my new cb radio pa speaker.

pics later

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

YAY! Now what do you need to install the alarm?

Comment

Cut every wire in the car and reroute everything so that the car responds much like the virus-ridden car in that one Hardy Boys novel?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Cut every wire in the car and reroute everything so that the car responds much like the virus-ridden car in that one Hardy Boys novel?
              :lol: No. This will be my project, there will be no wire nuts or butt connectors or insulator piercing splices.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                :lol: No. This will be my project, there will be no wire nuts or butt connectors or insulator piercing splices.

yep that johns project mine is wiring in a jbl system in vicky for him. where both doing projects to each others cars lol.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

yep that johns project mine is wiring in a jbl system in vicky for him. where both doing projects to each others cars lol.
                  Eh, no, your project was pulling the stuff for me, I'll handle the wiring :p

Comment

Eh, no, your project was pulling the stuff for me, I'll handle the wiring :p

ahh come on i wanna help put it in the car mang lol. i aint going to your house if you dont have me wrenching on cars along with you.

Comment

ahh come on i wanna help put it in the car mang lol. i aint going to your house if you dont have me wrenching on cars along with you.
                      I said I'd handle the wiring. There's other stuff that needs to be done. I have a specific way I want to lay out the wiring. Besides, your car is the priority. And I don't know what you did to your wiring. Including that lock horn chirp thing lol.
                      Last edited by 86VickyLX; 07-13-2011, 11:45 PM.

Comment

We've seen your wiring!!!! It will be a while before anyone lets you wire anything in their cars, methinks.
                        You'll get better... when I first started wiring things into my first car, I was just twisting wires together and wrapping them with duct tape (14 years ago...)
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I said I'd handle the wiring. There's other stuff that needs to be done. I have a specific way I want to lay out the wiring. Besides, your car is the priority. And I don't know what you did to your wiring. Including that lock horn chirp thing lol.

thats gone i got rid of that crap. all i have now are just the 4 horns which is getting all redone when i buy my new rocker switches from painless. my wiring is not bad. oh while were down there we can wire up my washer fluid bottle so those wires dont hang there thats been annoying me lately.

Comment

well time for an update of disaster. i took marina for a ride today to cut my grandmothers lawn come back to the car to go home and it started slowly. fast foward to work later that day at 4PM i had to go to work go to the car and the battery was completely dead and smoke coming from the hood like something burnt. so checked what burned and the ecm ground that attaches to the negative post terminal was hot and smoking by the connector point also the wire felt very brittle from age so cut the connector off and ran new wire off it and now no more smoke. and the reason my battery died is my alternator finally took a shit lasted since 2008. put my backup one on and now everything is good chargine at 13.8 Volts. The thing is i wire my amp light to the ignition wire so it completes a circuit and the alternator runs would that cause the alternator to shit. i mean that alt circuit is on full time when the key is in run would that have anything to do with it. i dont think it would but give me your opinion. both the shitted alternator and the backup alternator in there now are junkyard alternators so maybe that is also a reason why the other one lasted only since 2008.

Comment

well time for an update of disaster. i took marina for a ride today to cut my grandmothers lawn come back to the car to go home and it started slowly. fast foward to work later that day at 4PM i had to go to work go to the car and the battery was completely dead and smoke coming from the hood like something burnt. so checked what burned and the ecm ground that attaches to the negative post terminal was hot and smoking by the connector point also the wire felt very brittle from age so cut the connector off and ran new wire off it and now no more smoke. and the reason my battery died is my alternator finally took a shit lasted since 2008. put my backup one on and now everything is good chargine at 13.8 Volts. The thing is i wire my amp light to the ignition wire so it completes a circuit and the alternator runs would that cause the alternator to shit. i mean that alt circuit is on full time when the key is in run would that have anything to do with it. i dont think it would but give me your opinion. both the shitted alternator and the backup alternator in there now are junkyard alternators so maybe that is also a reason why the other one lasted only since 2008.
                              You got bad connections at the battery if it's burning off the ecm ground, it almost sounds like it was trying to start the car through the ecm ground. Clean all connections and terminals, and replace any cables that you haven't already. You put a 3g alternator on it back in 2008?

Comment

You got bad connections at the battery if it's burning off the ecm ground, it almost sounds like it was trying to start the car through the ecm ground. Clean all connections and terminals, and replace any cables that you haven't already. You put a 3g alternator on it back in 2008?
                                either 2008 or 2009.

Comment

Working...
                                X