My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    i dont have any schooling in automotive......just hands on experience......in the real world it comes down to what i call meatball surgery on cars.....most people want them back right away.."are u done yet?"
    Ain't that the truth.

My mom: "So when can I have 'my' car back?" [this is MY black Crown Vic she's talking about, sent over to her on loan whenever I'm comfortable doing so]

Me: "Sorry, I just haven't had time to work on it, and it's not safe to drive as-is."

(two weeks later)

My mom: "So when can I have 'my' car back?"

Me: "Uh, my tools are frozen solid, I just cut off a toe that died from frostbite, I'm busy taking the kid here and there AND my wife wants to have family dinner time AND I'm not comfortable with you driving anywhere anyway because you suspect you had a stroke two weeks ago, so could you please let up on me for a while?"

My mom: "Oh, okay. So do you think you'll be able to work on it today? It's really hard not having a car ......"

[at this point I hang up the phone and start banging my head on a convenient wall until a flat spot appears on my forehead]
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I just say "let me know the progress"

I don't care if it takes a month... I just want to be kept up to date on stuff.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

well heres a video update of marina. I was getting sick and tired of having to wax and polish my chrome exhaust tips everyday in the winter. they started to show rust on them due to the insane amounts of salt the fricken township people here in pa put down on the road. So i polished them up with turtle wax and got off the rust and took them off and stored them until winters over i will use them in the spring summer and fall. Got crappy tips from my buddy's car on there spray painted them gray i dont care if they get crapped up there winter beater exhaust tips. Also today going to school i floored my car up the steep ass hill by my school and boom something on the exhaust broke off and the car sounded like open headers. found out when i put it in the shop that the salt was eating away the weld around the cats piping split off there tried welding it back together but with no success there wasnt anything to brace the weld onto. The other cats had holes around the weld but was still intact but i got rid of both so the other one dont blow like the drivers side. Then i used exhaust piping and welded it on the existing piping. Sounds mean but man it isn't annoying as having open headers that was loud enough to vibrate the windows. I will be spraying them in a few days with silver high temp engine paint and then a coat of high temp rust oleum silver paint to prevent the rust.

the same thing is happening to my moms passat since she drove that through the winter last year and me(Last year i didnt drive the marquis in the winter it stayed in the garage) her weld around her muffler is starting to rot. I want to complain to the township folks about putting down too much salt but then again i think i would lose that fight. Now i need to talk to scott mang if he knows someone that can do my inspection and pass the car with no cats. i fucking hate salt up here it's more ridiculous then new jersey. Heres vids. The second one is still uploading so i will post that later.

1 video of new winter tail pipes.

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=100_1772.mp4
        Last edited by MattsLincoln; 01-06-2011, 06:15 PM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

heres the vid for the exhaust without cats.

http://s477.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=100_1773.mp4

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Do you even need cats in PA? In New Brunswick any car/truck older then 1987 doesnt need them. I like the sound without them way more
            79 Grand Marquis

Comment

you need cats supposedly but some inspection places let that slide. they just do the gas cap check and a sniffer test.

Comment

... which you would fail miserably without cats...
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

got to talk to my automotive teacher where he gets his cars inspected his 1997 silverado truck has no cats and it passes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                    1997 silverado truck has no cats and it passes.
                    A 97 Silverado is definitely going to run cleaner than a 83 cfi 302.
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

well found out they dont do a sniffer test in my area so thats good. it only to a gas cap check and a check under the hood for the emission stuff.

Comment

so time for another update.

So far i upgraded from 8 horns to 13 horns. need to replace 3 of them because they are shot. Also have started a jbl system swap added jbl speakers from a 1989 mark vii lsc. i have the amp and will be acquiring the headunit and harness from the junkyard by me.

Comment

13 horns?

This begs the question.

How many horns do you really need?

And where are they all mounted?
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Personally I would either goto 12 or 14.. 13 = unlucky
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                              13 horns?

This begs the question.

How many horns do you really need?

And where are they all mounted?
                              all mounted on the cowl support and tucked in the fenders. i was thinking 14 but i ran out of room. if i find a spot i will run 14 i am not running anymore than 14. i am then gonna power all the horns on a toggle switch though 2 horns per switch. i can then play a musical tune lol. i also have a master switch that shuts off power to the horns so if i turn on the switch for horns 1 and 2 and the master switch is off they will not work. when the master switch is on then they will work. great for sound comparison tests. i got 2 horns hooked up now i will post vid later. my master switch is blue and the horns are orange.

Comment

instead of 13 horns, why not get one big fucking horn? lol like what scott has on his merc

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X