No announcement yet.

My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever hear of relays? You've got more switches than I do. Wow.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I should get a BFHorn put on my 88... still gots loads of room behind the bumper... I could easily fit a pair of diesel rig horns there (I wanna keep it road legal... train horns are not road legal around here - though I could get around that by putting the train horns on a protected switch - flip top bomber style).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i have a strong relay powering the horns.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

relay? as in one? you need relay(s) as in two lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

i have 5 lol.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

heres some pics. i remounted my horn switches to the lower dashboard left side near the headlight switch. drilled holes and mounted them in. the little grey thing is a hole plugged up soon for a little red light bulb to tell me when the master switch is left on. also pics of my newly acquired 1989 mark vii jbl headunit fits perfectly in the spot of the original radio no modifications needed.

Amplifier

Speakers

Comment

You are planning to put covers on the rear deck right?
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  You are planning to put covers on the rear deck right?
                  yep i have a set of covers from a mark 7 with jbl and will repaint them red before putting them on.

Comment

Mark VII stereo, eh? Looks nice! Better sounding than the usual Ford tapedecks?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

properly working JBL stuff sounds very good. Its not so much the head unit, but the speakers and amp that make it special. I have a factory JBL CD system in my Mark VII and about 10 minutes of driving with it convinced me to not change it to aftermarket stuff. The factory stuff works and sounds good, plus it looks nice in the dash. I did have to get the head unit rebuilt because the cd player went flaky, but it works nicely now.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My 89 TC had the JBL. It was not bad at all and definately an improvement over the "Ford Premium sound" I had in my 89 GM.
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

yeah it is gonna sound good. i am looking forward to it.

Comment

today i installed the back speaker covers. i eventually will paint them red but for now the neutral grey is ok looking. if you cant read what the emblems say it says "JBL Audio System"

pics

Comment

isnt there a setting on this forum to automatically revert images to small enough for the board format.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                Mark VII stereo, eh? Looks nice! Better sounding than the usual Ford tapedecks?
                                Looks exactly the same as the stereo in my CV Touring Sedan!
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X