PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987cp View Post
    Cut every wire in the car and reroute everything so that the car responds much like the virus-ridden car in that one Hardy Boys novel?
    :lol: No. This will be my project, there will be no wire nuts or butt connectors or insulator piercing splices.

Learning The Ways Of Box Panthers MattsLincoln's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    :lol: No. This will be my project, there will be no wire nuts or butt connectors or insulator piercing splices.

yep that johns project mine is wiring in a jbl system in vicky for him. where both doing projects to each others cars lol.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    yep that johns project mine is wiring in a jbl system in vicky for him. where both doing projects to each others cars lol.
    Eh, no, your project was pulling the stuff for me, I'll handle the wiring :p

Eh, no, your project was pulling the stuff for me, I'll handle the wiring :p

ahh come on i wanna help put it in the car mang lol. i aint going to your house if you dont have me wrenching on cars along with you.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

ahh come on i wanna help put it in the car mang lol. i aint going to your house if you dont have me wrenching on cars along with you.
    I said I'd handle the wiring. There's other stuff that needs to be done. I have a specific way I want to lay out the wiring. Besides, your car is the priority. And I don't know what you did to your wiring. Including that lock horn chirp thing lol.
    Last edited by 86VickyLX; 07-14-2011 at 12:45 AM.

not embarrassed on a scooter 85crownHPP's Avatar

We've seen your wiring!!!! It will be a while before anyone lets you wire anything in their cars, methinks.
    You'll get better... when I first started wiring things into my first car, I was just twisting wires together and wrapping them with duct tape (14 years ago...)

I said I'd handle the wiring. There's other stuff that needs to be done. I have a specific way I want to lay out the wiring. Besides, your car is the priority. And I don't know what you did to your wiring. Including that lock horn chirp thing lol.

thats gone i got rid of that crap. all i have now are just the 4 horns which is getting all redone when i buy my new rocker switches from painless. my wiring is not bad. oh while were down there we can wire up my washer fluid bottle so those wires dont hang there thats been annoying me lately.

well time for an update of disaster. i took marina for a ride today to cut my grandmothers lawn come back to the car to go home and it started slowly. fast foward to work later that day at 4PM i had to go to work go to the car and the battery was completely dead and smoke coming from the hood like something burnt. so checked what burned and the ecm ground that attaches to the negative post terminal was hot and smoking by the connector point also the wire felt very brittle from age so cut the connector off and ran new wire off it and now no more smoke. and the reason my battery died is my alternator finally took a shit lasted since 2008. put my backup one on and now everything is good chargine at 13.8 Volts. The thing is i wire my amp light to the ignition wire so it completes a circuit and the alternator runs would that cause the alternator to shit. i mean that alt circuit is on full time when the key is in run would that have anything to do with it. i dont think it would but give me your opinion. both the shitted alternator and the backup alternator in there now are junkyard alternators so maybe that is also a reason why the other one lasted only since 2008.

well time for an update of disaster. i took marina for a ride today to cut my grandmothers lawn come back to the car to go home and it started slowly. fast foward to work later that day at 4PM i had to go to work go to the car and the battery was completely dead and smoke coming from the hood like something burnt. so checked what burned and the ecm ground that attaches to the negative post terminal was hot and smoking by the connector point also the wire felt very brittle from age so cut the connector off and ran new wire off it and now no more smoke. and the reason my battery died is my alternator finally took a shit lasted since 2008. put my backup one on and now everything is good chargine at 13.8 Volts. The thing is i wire my amp light to the ignition wire so it completes a circuit and the alternator runs would that cause the alternator to shit. i mean that alt circuit is on full time when the key is in run would that have anything to do with it. i dont think it would but give me your opinion. both the shitted alternator and the backup alternator in there now are junkyard alternators so maybe that is also a reason why the other one lasted only since 2008.
    You got bad connections at the battery if it's burning off the ecm ground, it almost sounds like it was trying to start the car through the ecm ground. Clean all connections and terminals, and replace any cables that you haven't already. You put a 3g alternator on it back in 2008?

You got bad connections at the battery if it's burning off the ecm ground, it almost sounds like it was trying to start the car through the ecm ground. Clean all connections and terminals, and replace any cables that you haven't already. You put a 3g alternator on it back in 2008?
    either 2008 or 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    We've seen your wiring!!!! It will be a while before anyone lets you wire anything in their cars, methinks.
    You'll get better... when I first started wiring things into my first car, I was just twisting wires together and wrapping them with duct tape (14 years ago...)
    Duct tape? That's fancy, I used scotch tape.

went to the yard today and got me some goodies. also some pics of johns car and mine when i was at his house installing my keyless entry and digital gauges.

got me fender braces from a wagon, dimming mirror with compass, 2 jbl dash speakers, and jbl speakers for john sexton.

heres pics

fomoco panthers !

How did you get the dash speakers out? It looks simple, but with the windshield in the way. I have not found a tool small enough to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    How did you get the dash speakers out? It looks simple, but with the windshield in the way. I have not found a tool small enough to work.
    In the past, I've used a 1/4" box wrench with a phillips bit and done it like that. Gotta be careful not to drop the bit though.

I post a lot...

These work OK, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angled-Screwdriver.jpg 
Views:	1235 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	29489
    2017 Buick Enclave 3.6 (Burgundy/Beige)
    2019 Volvo S60 Inscription (Crystal White / Blond)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Lincolnmania View Post
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

In the past, I've used a 1/4" box wrench with a phillips bit and done it like that. Gotta be careful not to drop the bit though.

i use a vicegrip with a Phillips bit works all the time.

yay my heater core came now to get my paycheck and have john sexton install it. had to go with an aftermarket one becuase the ford heater cores are obsolete now cant find a single one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-D4h2PRreo

Quote Originally Posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post

Back View, the car is dirty after the brake lines i will get her washed.(I have a Custom exhaust tip on it).

Where did you get the 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis License Cover?
    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 04-14-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: fixed

GMN Regular

E-Bay?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    You may regret selling it. Think it over.

not embarrassed on a scooter 85crownHPP's Avatar

I think thats a plate frame you can buy with changeable lettering.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314