My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    isnt there a setting on this forum to automatically revert images to small enough for the board format.
    There was, but it went away and the staff haven't figured out how to get it back.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Matt, exhaust sounds really nice! And for CFI it really does haul ass. If that was only 4 horns wired up at the time, I'm a little anxious to hear them all. They are really loud. The JBL speakers really do make a difference, and I can't wait to see how you do the total JBL system, including the cd changer!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Matt, exhaust sounds really nice! And for CFI it really does haul ass. If that was only 4 horns wired up at the time, I'm a little anxious to hear them all. They are really loud. The JBL speakers really do make a difference, and I can't wait to see how you do the total JBL system, including the cd changer!
        X2.

Thanks for stopping by guys, been a while, good luck with all your new parts!
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

thanks phil and john. i will have the whole jbl system done by scottfest hopefully. though i dont think i will find a cd changer by that time. they were very rare to come across.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

so yesterday i drove to johns house and picked up vicky's old engine. i swapped him for parts he needed. so today i got the whole engine disassembled. saved only the crankshaft and engine block itself. all the other parts are junk that will be replaced with new stuff. here are some pics of the progress. i got rid of all the internal parts of the engine and got $16 for all of the stuff at the scrapyard. on monday i will go back to the scrapyard and scrap the lower intake and upper intakes which are aluminum which should sell for a good $15-20 bucks towards the new engine parts. I am looking for a place in pa to have the engine block machined it needs to be machined before assembled(if you know someone good please tell me). in the mean time i am picking up parts from a mercury mountaineer in the junkyard and other misc stuff.

Pics

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

thanks phil and john. i will have the whole jbl system done by scottfest hopefully. though i dont think i will find a cd changer by that time. they were very rare to come across.
              Are the cd changers the same as the Mark VIII and later town cars? I've seen a few of them...

Comment

Are the cd changers the same as the Mark VIII and later town cars? I've seen a few of them...

i think so as long as the plug on them is a squarish 6 pin connector.

Comment

time for an update. i upgraded the horns to the new style horns they came off of a 2000 CV. I am looking for 5 more sets though for the grand total of 14 horns. the horns are damn loud in person. i have a video but my camera catches sound horribly so it sounds much better in person. At Scottfest i will have a total of 4 horns hooked up.

also have another video coming up soon to show the awesomeness of the jbl head unit + ipod with 2458 songs = wicked badass music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMI8z9cJUdo

Comment

here is the video of awesomeness of my jbl unit. This video goes to Tom Baker GMGT. Sing along guys lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKGmPh9lQ2I

Comment

If this in Neil Young, I am going to kick your ass at SF.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

:die:
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                          :die:

lol i wont play neil at scottfest got some wooly bully at scottfest and some more great tunes. name a song i probably have it on my ipod. i will be taking requests at scottfest.

Comment

I'll bring the rock... maybe I'll outfit the vic with subs before then.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

lol i wont play neil at scottfest got some wooly bully at scottfest and some more great tunes. name a song i probably have it on my ipod. i will be taking requests at scottfest.
                              We reserve the right to disable any offending sound systems by majority rule!! lol
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                                I'll bring the rock... maybe I'll outfit the vic with subs before then.
                                Meh, anything sound-related just adds unnecessary weight!
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X