PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Learning The Ways Of Box Panthers MattsLincoln's Avatar

according to the brochure it doesn't have the color listed.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Cool

Yea, I'd be willing to bet that color is "Midnight Canyon Red Metallic."

Because, I have basically the same car, 2-door and all. Except mine has a "newer" interior and is a slicktop.

But, nice car.
    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

heres the brochure on my mercury.

http://www.wingedmessenger.net/Brochures/83grmarq.pdf

no midnight canyon red metallic.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

nice
    keep up the good work!
    glad to see you got the compression fitting out of the brake line.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

seems like Midnight Canyon Red Metallic was introduced on the Grand Marquis in 1984 or 1985.

Well i am working on the valve covers now. here is the passenger side valve cover with 3 coats of Dupli-Color Metalcast ground coat on it. I will then post a picture of the finished product after i spray it with 3 coats of Dupli-Color Metalcast Smoke Anodized Paint. Looks Sick.

well finally finished replacing the valve cover gaskets and painting the valve covers. tell me how they look. Next Stop is getting the car cleaned.

they look so much better. The paint before on them looked like shit it was peeling off.

well sunday i got the car cleaned then i waxed her from top to bottom.

Check this baby out.

She looks so much better when she is waxed and clean.

GMN Regular

The coolest car in the parking lot!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

That is a nice color for the valve covers.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

so you guys were wondering what the chrome spray paint was for well i will reveal it now. I repainted my air cleaner with it and i am also going to spray paint the coffee can chrome. Also here a pic of my new distributor cap and wires.

Update on stuff i haven't updated my reader's ride thread in a long time

have been doing some refurbishing of the car and other stuff. The car is getting a brand new paint job and all dents taken out and a new vinyl top. Will look brand new. It is going to be paitned the same color only this time it will be Maroon Poly so it's metallic version. The top will be red. I have tried to get every option i can put on this car to make it fully loaded. My car was named on this website and her name is Marina.

Here's a brief history of what has been done

The car and it's looks currently

New Steering Wheel Center Cap From a 1979 Marquis

Swapped my 83 Speedometer with a 1988 Grand Marquis because i liked the 88 one better. My old one works pefectly and is up for sale with for $30+shipping.

Installed A Tripminder

Installed my Aiwa Head Unit

Dash pad cover looks stock and doesnt show all the cracks on my dash top

Repainted my Grill

Repainted the head light rings Black

Repainted My Cowl Came out ok could have been better but im satisfied. Should have sanded it more.

The Refurbished looking 302 Engine dynoed at tech school at 184.8HP and 264.3 Pounds of torque, more improvements on the way. Stock rating was 130 HP and 230 pounds of torque major improvement and is quite aggressive.

3G 95 AMP Alternator from a Taurus

Mr.Gasket Chrome Valve Covers

Edelbrock Air Cleaner

Distributor Condom Boot

New Red Hoses

New Radiator and Cap

5.0 Liter Emblem i got from a Oldsmobile Cutlass in the junkyard near me. Going to refurbish the black lettering it is faded bad.

The Bad cracking paint and vinyl top soon to be redone completely.

New Autolamp Rearview Mirror from a 98 Eddie Bauer Explorer not hooked up until i switch over to an autolamps conversion in the future.

New Exhaust Thursh Welded True Dual Exhuast with high flow cats with 22 inch Cherrybomb Exhaust tips with a 4 inch outlet hole.

Video of exhaust

New Ignition Control Module

New Ford Racing Spark Plug Wires in Yellow See In pics

Soon repairs coming is

New Fuel Filter
    New Oil Pan Gasket
    New Transmission Pan Gasket
    Exhaust Fully Welded and put together.
    New Wheel Cylinders
    New Orifice Tube and AC Fully Charged.
    New Tires
    Last edited by MattsLincoln; 09-03-2010 at 04:27 PM.

That is one nice Merc. Looks like you are well on your way to having a real show stopper.

You should try a picture like this one.

Find a park or an open field and stage the car so there is only trees or bushes, maybe a wooden fence in the background and remember to turn the front wheels slightly.
    1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

sounds like a new signature pic for me thanks for the idea.

Your exhaust sound good man!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
    Your exhaust sound good man!

yes it got a kick and growl to it and it's not annoyingly loud.

nice progress! I remember hoping this thing would get a full sorting and repaint when you first joined, I'm glad it's getting the love it deserved.

Is that a variable venturi carb lurking under the air cleaner or???

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

no it's a CFI unit that i am going to enlarge the spacer holes and intake maifold holes for better fuel flow and better response.

but 4 inch? talk about megaphones... that's huge!

does sound good. need some revs in that vid for good measure though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by slymer View Post
    but 4 inch? talk about megaphones... that's huge!

does sound good. need some revs in that vid for good measure though.

maybe when i go pose it this week. cant rev it in my neighborhood it's too loud.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast