My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
    yeah my horn is located on the turn signal stalk.
    My step-bro's '83 Mark VI has this feature. Odd place for it...
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I think I want your Merc.

Comment

Well shes all done and now back home. brakes were leaking fluid but i believe i fixed it. Just had to tighten the fittings better. Heres some pics of the brake lines and the car in sunlight on top of a mountain.

Old Brake Lines

New Brake Lines

Some Pics of the 302 and the car in sunlight Still needs a heavy Washing, but i have to wait to make sure it stops snowing.

Tell me what you think i absolutely think it a great car.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

nice 2 door mang nice clean looking car as for the rust on the frame that's caused by the ac condesation rusting the frame under there

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
            This color is actually called Maroon on the Grand Marquis.
            Matt, I think he's right. I rememeber very distinctly the name of that color when we bought our Grand Marquis LS new in 1985. Same color as yours.

"Midnight Canyon Red Metallic", as opposed to "Medium Canyon Red Metallic", which was a hair lighter. Paint code should be 2C.

"Maroon" is just another name for any color that is burgundy.

Nice looking ride!
            sigpic
            1988 Grand Marquis LS (White Lightning), 2003 Mercury Marauder (SOLD),1979 Mercury Cougar XR-7
            http://landyachts.homestead.com/page5.html,1951 Merc on a '88 Lincoln Town Car Chassis:http://landyachts.homestead.com/index.html

Comment

according to the brochure it doesn't have the color listed.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Yea, I'd be willing to bet that color is "Midnight Canyon Red Metallic."

Because, I have basically the same car, 2-door and all. Except mine has a "newer" interior and is a slicktop.

But, nice car.
                ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

heres the brochure on my mercury.

http://www.wingedmessenger.net/Brochures/83grmarq.pdf

no midnight canyon red metallic.

Comment

nice
                    keep up the good work!
                    glad to see you got the compression fitting out of the brake line.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

seems like Midnight Canyon Red Metallic was introduced on the Grand Marquis in 1984 or 1985.

Comment

Well i am working on the valve covers now. here is the passenger side valve cover with 3 coats of Dupli-Color Metalcast ground coat on it. I will then post a picture of the finished product after i spray it with 3 coats of Dupli-Color Metalcast Smoke Anodized Paint. Looks Sick.

Comment

well finally finished replacing the valve cover gaskets and painting the valve covers. tell me how they look. Next Stop is getting the car cleaned.

they look so much better. The paint before on them looked like shit it was peeling off.

Comment

well sunday i got the car cleaned then i waxed her from top to bottom.

Check this baby out.

She looks so much better when she is waxed and clean.

Comment

The coolest car in the parking lot!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That is a nice color for the valve covers.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X