My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer Wendy's myself... but meh.

Can't wait to hear some good revvin once it's all done. bet it'll really sound like a beast.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
      i like Mcdonalds. mmmmm
      and yet you're skinny!
      Looks nice Matt! Now drive it!! Lol. Any leaks?

Comment

high metabolism
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
          high metabolism
          lucky bastage

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks like the frame was repaired under the a/c drain?

Occasionally I like unusually colored engines. The yellow is alright... but the red convoluted tubing I can not comment on.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

well today the car is finished and now home. Some stuff needs to be taken care of though.

1. The car runs excellent no hesitation but every now and then when i apply the brake and stop the car stalls. Whats that problem.

2. Little oil leak left. It's coming from the both oil drain plugs only leaks when hot. I think the holes need to be rethreaded and the drain plugs replaced.

3. Hood is on but it is a up on one side. Needs adjusting.

4. Battery shit the bed to day. Told my father not to buy a lawnmower size battery. Got a nice Heavy Duty Everstart Maxx24FN battery and works well.

5. Need to hook up my wipers now.

Exhaust is up and welded pics tomorrow.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Here Matt. good price on dual snorkels.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=105513
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You probably have a vacuum leak.
                  Or your idle is misadjusted.
                  Last edited by 86VickyLX; 11-23-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

fixed got more carbon buildup in the egr valve. is there a way to bypass the egr valve so i don't have this problem again.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Here Matt. good price on dual snorkels.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=105513
                      Does that have the same funny-size hole as other CFI stuff?
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                        fixed got more carbon buildup in the egr valve. is there a way to bypass the egr valve so i don't have this problem again.
                        shouldnt just driving it like its supposed to be driven keep the carbon from building up?
                        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                        1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          Does that have the same funny-size hole as other CFI stuff?

I have no idea what you are asking.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The hole in the bottom of the air cleaner base? The one where it sits down over the carburetor? (or in this case, something that ought to have been a carburetor instead) IIRC, CFI throttle bodies have a smaller neck diameter than a normal carburetor.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Ah. I dont know...but since that unit was on an a CFI car I would assume so....
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                                Yeah, sure, pull the vacuum feed to it and cap it off. But in my honest opinion, I wouldn't disable it. I'd clean the ports in the intake and the heads. The EGR is more than just an emissions device. Though its primary function does reduce NOx emissions, the way it does it is by recirculating burnt exhaust gases into the intake. Doing this, lowers the combustion chamber temperatures. By lowering the combustion chamber temps, it lowers the chances of pinging and knocking.
                                Contrary to belief it doesn't rob horsepower, because it only works during steady speeds.

Comment

Working...
                                X