2001 Grand Marquis-No Heat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 Grand Marquis-No Heat!

2001 Grand Marquis with electronic climate control, no hot air. Cooling system full and both heater hoses are hot under the hood, but cold air comes from all the vents. I can hear the blend doors opening and closing when I switch modes but still no heat. If it were a Lexus I'd know what to do
    Any ideas? All replies appreciated, smart assed or not!

First guess is a blend door servo issue. There is a way to force the EATC unit to run a diagnostic and tell you whats wrong, but I'm not sure of the procedure. I can find you links for 90s models, but I think the climate control unit is different.

try this, not sure what year its for, but it may be what you're after

http://www.p71interceptor.com/eatcswap/selftest.html

If its the blend door servo, you pretty much take the dashboard apart to replace it. Its darn near a heater core job, which should be done while you're in there. The electronic blend door servos on the later cars had a habit of breaking, and you'd get no heat, or no AC, depending which way it decided to break.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank you! Thats the kind of info I was needing. I'll try this and report back.

Comment

yeah my guess is the blend door servo as well. we just had that replaced on my dad's 06 grand marq. we also replaced the control head last year as well it was only blowing air through the defrost vents. you do pretty much have to take the dash apart to get to it I think it's like 8 hours labor.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I got a 024 and 025 from the diag, means B1249 blend door short and blend door failure. I cleared the codes and turned the heater on and they reset right away. Looks like I need the servo. Thanks a lot for the help!

Comment

Not a problem, glad you figured it out. I've seen pics of that job, it looks like a lot of fun.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I live in Houston Texas, it may never get fixed!

Comment

just so long as its pushed fully towards the AC side, you're probably OK. For some reason, whenever these give up, it seems to be opposite where you want it to be most of the time.

Comment

Is it something that you can manipulate by hand like an old heater valve to get it to go where you want it?

Comment

No, its a door inside the air plenum assembly. Its buried up inside the dashboard.

http://www.p71interceptor.com/heater...lace/pictures/

Comment

Fer pisssakes, I ain't going there!

Comment

Working...
                      X