No announcement yet.

dash surgery 1990-91 crown vic (DUW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id be throwing a merc cluster in there with the silver backing lol i honestly dont miss the 1990+ panthers dash lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

thanks! i didn't know that.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
        id be throwing a merc cluster in there with the silver backing lol i honestly dont miss the 1990+ panthers dash lol

I've had two of these

They have a different charm, for sure, but I prefer mine. I like the speedometer that stretches straight across as opposed to the gauge in the Merc dashs
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I was confused for a sec because you are replacing them from the front, very informative, Im doing blue in my dash as well when I pop my 140mph speedo in. Good to see it looks good in that color. Thanks for the great post.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I've also shaved my time down considerably. First time I took the fucker apart, I was out there 3-4 hours because I had to figure it out as I went. Got it from together to apart to together again in like 1.5hrs....not counting the trip to the hardware store with nothing besides idiot lights to buy some compressed air to get the dust out

I am going to try for some night pics but my cam sucks...no promises.
            sigpic

Comment

That would be cool, Im going to try and order some lights now I believe.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

don't go with the cheapest ones you can find....results of that are posted above (dead light, lights with more than one dead bulb)
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah Im just not going to pay the autozone price of $4.00 for two. Do you know what brand you got?
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

No idea. eBay for "blue 194 led" and grab whatever ones look best, you can usually pick up lots of 10 or 20..you want the 5 way refractor bulbs btw
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok im doing the climate control one as well, and maybe the accessory lights under the dash, if you can't tell by my car I really like blue. Thanks.
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

cool. all are 194 bulbs
                        sigpic

Comment

Autozone etc. stores still do not stock anything but 'bad' (very directional spread) bulbs last i saw
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah its all rather cheap, has anyone switched to the LED 194 replacements? wondering if those are worth it. or if they are not as bright.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Just get some eBay bulbs. I probably just got a bad batch of bulbs, don't worry about getting shitty bulbs. Search for 10 194 led blue and get the 5 way refractor ones
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was going to anyway, Just wondering if there were any obvious advantages to the LED other then being more efficient. Thanks.
                                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X