Thread Updates Via Text Message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread Updates Via Text Message?

Hi guys, I was thinking about something while on facebook the other day. I've found that's it's quite helpful to use the mobile texting feature that facebook uses, to check on updates, post statuses and recieve replies from messages and whatnot. Now I'm not sure how hard it would be to do, and if anyone would even actually want it. But I was thinking of something along those lines for GMN, basically for the mangs who aren't always by the computer, or for those who are having trouble with the car and are outside, or stranded somewhere where they might need some technical advice. I don't know something along those lines? Again just a suggestion.

Text messaging is GAY!!!!!!!

Not sure I'd want to be stranded somewhere and rely on someone here on GMN to help me in a timely manner. No offense to anyone. BUT, I'm not against the idea.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Might be more useful to have kind of a telephone help chain where you have the phone numbers of several people who wouldn't mind being bugged with random stupid questions at weird times of the night. Probably be cheaper than sending lots of text messages. Or heck, if a group of people have texting packages on their phones, I guess you could have a text-message help chain.

Several people have noted that they've made posts with their cell phone. I assume that's just with the regular little mobile web browser that comes with so many phones these days (and which I used at pay-per-use to check e-mail while I was stranded Internetless in Indiana for a couple weeks)?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'm not entirely sure how to even do that. Maybe its possible to do RSS feeds from here, and you could configure your phone to get those updates but I'm really not sure how to even go about doing it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Is it really necessary to know what's going on at GMN every single minute of every single day?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
            Is it really necessary to know what's going on at GMN every single minute of every single day?
            Yes!!!! Otherwise, indigenous people in New Guinea will DIE!!!
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
              I didn't say all the time, I meant, specific threads or to post new threads.
              Originally posted by 1987cp
              Yes!!!! Otherwise, indigenous people in New Guinea will DIE!!!

Comment

Interesting concept.

I'll look into it next week.
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Text messaging is GAY!!!!!!!
                  Don't get me wrong, you guys rock up to 11, but still...
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                  X