Pesty's 2003 P71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pesty's 2003 P71

Well I bought another one. Its a 2003 p71 140k miles all black. I picked it up for $2800 from a silly wig@#& in need of money for lawyer fees. It looks good from a distance but its defiantly a 10ft paint job. Runs strong I'm not sure about the tranny I stomped on it going about 50 and it shuddered then felt like it popped out of gear. I hope theres nothing seriously wrong with it. Of course it didn't happen when I was test driving it with the guy. Any whoo I know all you guys want to see is the pictures.

Attached Files
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Nice buy! I have a friend at work that's selling his '03 CVPI for $2700. A pic can be found in "my findings" of course...
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Id love to buy a vic of that era with the police package, but Im to busy soaking all my hard earned minimum wage earnings into my current car.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

How does it drive compared to a box? Will it actually pull a U turn in a reasonable distance, or has the turn radius gotten huge with the rack and peanut steering? Looks good otherwise. New DD ?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Mine u-turns in a pretty tight circle. No problems. Nice car Pesty, is that what the light bar money went for? :smirk:

Looks like a FHP car.
          1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

I like it.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Service the transmission. My dad's P71 did something similar, and it went away after we serviced the tranny.

Doesn't look bad from the pictures, and will probably make a swell daily grinder.

I have those same seats in my '90; they aren't quite as plush as the box seats, though.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nice vic, i could only imagine what you have planned for it lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  Service the transmission. My dad's P71 did something similar, and it went away after we serviced the tranny.
                  Yeah I was thinking about that. But today I was turning a corner at about 20 and floored it and the motor died. So now I'm wondering if its a engine issue. I know next to nothing about 4.6 is this might be a bumpy ride.
                  1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                  2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                  sigpic

Comment

Well changed the fuel filter, tranny fluid/filter and threw some seafoam in the gas tank for shits and giggles. Its seems to have fixed my problem. I really think it was the fuel filter that did it. I've never seen more disgusting of a fuel type liquid come out of one before. I tell you what I didn't realize how much quicker and better handling these were over a stock box. Any of you guys out there on a small budget wanting to go fast just sell your box and pick up a P71. Don't get me wrong I love my 84 and wouldn't trade it for anything but this is a mean bitch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                      I tell you what I didn't realize how much quicker and better handling these were over a stock box. Any of you guys out there on a small budget wanting to go fast just sell your box and pick up a P71. Don't get me wrong I love my 84 and wouldn't trade it for anything but this is a mean bitch.
                      Well said I love my '90 CV but my '93 GM is a better performer overall.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        How does it drive compared to a box? Will it actually pull a U turn in a reasonable distance, or has the turn radius gotten huge with the rack and peanut steering? Looks good otherwise. New DD ?
                        Mine handles great. And the turning radius is good, I can pull an EXCELLENT U-turn in mine :evil:

Looks good, mang!
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                          Well changed the fuel filter, tranny fluid/filter and threw some seafoam in the gas tank for shits and giggles. Its seems to have fixed my problem. I really think it was the fuel filter that did it. I've never seen more disgusting of a fuel type liquid come out of one before. I tell you what I didn't realize how much quicker and better handling these were over a stock box. Any of you guys out there on a small budget wanting to go fast just sell your box and pick up a P71. Don't get me wrong I love my 84 and wouldn't trade it for anything but this is a mean bitch.
                          We should get yours and mine together for some photos when it gets a little warmer.
                          1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

You two need to come down to friday fest is what we need to do. And anyone one else in the area.
                            sigpic

Comment

Whacker! :p

Nah, just kidding. It looks nice. Windshield isn't tinted, is it? It almost looks like it is, but I'm assuming that must just be glare in the picture.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                              1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                              But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                              X