No announcement yet.

So yea, this stereo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not that critical, as long as the wires aren't shorted or going to the body ground anywhere. Worst case, if you have them crossed you lose bass. Having one speaker connected properly, and the one next to it wired backwards will tend to cancel out the bass. It won't make the smoke come out or anything like that. You probably should try and wire them correctly so it sounds best, but that won't cause the problems you're having I don't think.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok just got tru with tinkering with them I got them to be a little loder and i know now one speaker is actualy blowen still. Sounds alot better. Ok now two questions.

Gadget you say not to ground to the body anywhere? Someone i wont mention a name. Told me about this nice little ground block back in the back of the dash which uses spade connectors. Thats what i made my ground from. I thought hey! If thats what its ment for good beans.

Secound question. I got My Postive wired Ted into the same thing as my MSD ignition and evreything else that connects to and from. Would that make this a dirty postivie in where i would get interferance like im having? Was the only + wire i knew of so i went with it. Ima try my old postive next time i have a little time on my hand and see if that helps. Even though i cant keep useing it as its a constant Postive which im useing for the memorie...

I know one thing. This cheap stero/Cd player is pretty damn good for the money... Ive played with alot of sytems before and the cheap ones usualy when u shake them whille playing a cd will make them skip let alone if it where upside down and you shook it... Not this el cheapo... Im rather pleased with that.
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

O yea almost forgot. When the car is off I can get volume level 30. Unlike when its on i can only gt to level 20 - 22 Might this help with diagnosing?
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Only thing I can think of is a power issue. Don't hold me to that though.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

The radio ground needs to be grounded. Do not ground any of the speaker - wires. Thats what I meant by not grounding things, don't connect any of the speaker wiring to ground.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok yea, i knew that bit .

I thought that a ground was a ground but just wanted to make sure .

So do you think there might be interferance with my positive wire due to so many things being on the same line?

Comment

i'd probably have run it off the original radio power wire just so its not putting so much on one single circuit. If the radio fucks up, you don't want to lose your ignition system because the fuse blew. Don't know about you, but I'd be rightly pissed if I was stuck somewhere with a dead car because the radio gave up and fried the power feed that my ignition ran from.

Comment

i just went through all this to and was goin nuts. And it ended up with me putting in all new speaker wiring because even tho i had no "football amp visible" its in the car somewhere and you need to buy pass it. with the volume cranked i could only hear a super faint sound. before you rewire the speakers since its a pain, to test it out, get some speaker wire and just attach the leads to your head unit outlet wires for a speaker, than don't hide em or anything just hook them right up to your speaker. this is very important as your old wiring path is causing your volume limit...make sure you don't tap into the old speaker wire at the speaker hook up, cut it at the speaker and attach the new leads. Your now going to get a good clear sound up till you can't stand it even with the car on. then its time to have fun running those new damn wires haha.

When you say you have new wiring, if its all new right from the head unit all the way directly to the speakers than you have already done this bypassing the amp and gots a different problem.

to see what's positive and whats negative on your speaker terminals, take a 1.5V battery and touch the speaker wires to the positive and negative ends. the speaker will pop and either push out, or pull in. Pushing out means you have the correct + - polarity as the battery says.
                  Last edited by merc91; 02-25-2010, 01:06 AM.
                  Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
                  HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Good point gadget. Only problem is the hacks that owned the car before me. Not sure what they done with the origanole wire for the stero Key on . But they deleted it somehow, as the one they where useing is well. Allways hot. Got any ideas of where i can find another Key on hot wire? I only know of the ignition wire. Ugha.

Ugha I say.

----

Yea man. New head units mean new wiring. All of my wiring is new. I really dont think my wiring is my problem though. I got one subwufer in it right now and one what i call pansey speaker running. Sub woofer you cant tell either which way they bpoth sound good no matter how you wire it. The pansey speaker well. I got it right lol. I got a filling
                    91 grandmarquis has it right on the money. More then likley i will pick up a cheap set of speakers tomarow when i head down to Dothan.
                    ----

O one more question
                    The old Hot wire that stays hot 24/7 if i plug it up to that. and take the faceplate off. will it still drain my batery? The faceplate of the headunite that is.

Er. If i take the faceplate off my head unite and it has a constant voltage going to it. And it has a constant light on. the face plate. When I take said face plate off will that kill the voltage?

Comment

I been thinking. Woldent the windo motor hot wire work rather well for this?

Comment

Hmm wouldn't the cig lighter work as on/off power? worked in my moms 85 olds, that of course does not mean it will in our cars. Check it with a test light to see when it gets power, its right there so it would be easy to splice.
                        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by DarkKnight View Post
                          I been thinking. Woldent the windo motor hot wire work rather well for this?
                          depends on which side is going through the switch I think, just steal power from your fuse box
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Cig lighter wont work its a allways hot too.
                            I think i see what ure talking about 1990ltd. If the switch aint on it aint hot... LOL.

How do you steal it from the fuse block?

Comment

Ok, all fixed I even fixed to speakers whille I was at it. I do need to re route some speakers though as the sound is eh well./.. Sideways ATM. :/ Also im useing the allways hot wire... Hopefully with the faceplate disengaguged it will not drain the batery. As there is no light to power.

Comment

Ok... Bit more of a update again... Undoubtably Even with the face plate off it still sucks alot of power from the batery. With that one wire... Which is weired as the stock one if you turned it off used none.

Anyways So im back to useing the Key on Ignition Wire... At least for now...

So could someone tell me how this rob it from the fuse box"" works? Are you talking about taping it into it?

Does the radio have its own fuse as that would be the way to go right there....

Comment

Working...
                                X