Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    That does not look bad there at all!.

Not at all! We have a winner. Also, someone from SW gauges got back to me lightning fast with a response as to what senders I should use for the pressure and temp gauges.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
      Not at all! We have a winner. Also, someone from SW gauges got back to me lightning fast with a response as to what senders I should use for the pressure and temp gauges.
      Good for you. Would you mind posting your findings here for the poor unfortunate souls who have the gauges and not the senders?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Good for you. Would you mind posting your findings here for the poor unfortunate souls who have the gauges and not the senders?
        like me!

Pwease?

those are out of a P71 though right? It might be just the picture, but those gauges don't look ford, they look like those Impala gauge pods that Dave has been finding on ebay.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Yup they are out of a p71 but obviously aftermarket. The car also had 120 house power plugs wired very well? under the dash, and a mysterious black box wrapped in electrical tape.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Viscosi at Stewart Warner tech support View Post
            Temp sender 334H-D
            Pressure sender 279B-F

And it looks like the backlighting and power for the gauges are all one common pos and neg with a sender line for each (well, it's not really a sender for the volts)

I am stoked!
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
              those are out of a P71 though right? It might be just the picture, but those gauges don't look ford, they look like those Impala gauge pods that Dave has been finding on ebay.
              just double checked, they are different. My mistake lol.
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                also good to know everyone's dash has that slight dip to it in the middle over the climate control unit.
                I thought I was the only one....

Those gauges look good there. Putting them where the dummy temp gauge is would be a challenge. But new ideas have arose...
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  why does it say grand marquis?
                  Thats because I ruined the original piece of dash trim trying to mount switches in it. I had this one laying around. However, it didn't have the brushed style insert like the original Ford piece did, so I painted the inset of the hole dash black. Later on I painted all the wood grain charcoal.

Does it really matter what it says?
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    Thats because I ruined the original piece of dash trim trying to mount switches in it. I had this one laying around. However, it didn't have the brushed style insert like the original Ford piece did, so I painted the inset of the hole dash black. Later on I painted all the wood grain charcoal.

Does it really matter what it says?
                    No. Not really, just wondering why you did. Actually I thought Regis converted you or something.

Comment

I like a challenge but not when it involves cutting into my only instrument cluster

I'll put em in the spot that 91grandmarquis posted. I won't care if it's slightly in the way of the stock temp gauge. The black bundled wire coming off of it could probably be routed behind the skinny piece of dash trim on the left side, and run down to the fuse box that way behind the knee bolster
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                        I like a challenge but not when it involves cutting into my only instrument cluster

I'll put em in the spot that 91grandmarquis posted. I won't care if it's slightly in the way of the stock temp gauge. The black bundled wire coming off of it could probably be routed behind the skinny piece of dash trim on the left side, and run down to the fuse box that way behind the knee bolster
                        If you got an extra cluster to fuck around with, I'd do it.

Comment

You may wish to rephrase that sentence, it contained both "cluster" and "fuck," an unfortunate combination.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                            There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                            91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                            93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                            Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                            Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                            95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by EternityofNight View Post
                              You may wish to rephrase that sentence, it contained both "cluster" and "fuck," an unfortunate combination.

Comment

How can I tell which wires are which coming off of this gauge cluster? +/- aren't hard to figure out but the others are temp/psi/volts
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X