Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First Annual GMN SOUTHERNFEST!!! May 15-16!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkBlueMerc View Post
    I just realized I can't make it - I've got an Improv show that night. Dang.
    Attached Files
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Sorry buddy. I completely forgot about it. I was thinking there was a week apart. I feel like a jerk

You should all carpool to the show. It's only a couple hours... I promise to try to be funny.
      Awesome Electronic Cigarettes
      Stable: 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7 4x4
      1990 Dodge Power Ram W150 4x4
      1984 Grand Marquis Two Door Lowrider
      1983 Crown Victoria Two Door

Comment

I'm discussing it with my wife.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Sorry buddy. I completely forgot about it. I was thinking there was a week apart. I feel like a jerk

You should all carpool to the show. It's only a couple hours... I promise to try to be funny.
          You do improv? Long-form, or regular?

By the way, I'm not going to be there, either. I was actually trying to pull something off, but the wife's trip comes first.

Comment

Short-form, "Whose Line" type stuff. We're going to be giving long-form a shot later on this year, I think. Right now we're doing a "comedy sports" format, the host acts as the referee and the match is between two teams of three. It's a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
              Holy cow, Tom- that's over six hours of driving. I'll try, but no guarantees.
              I'm driving 16 hours to get there. I think 6 would be a piece of cake. and pie.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                I'm driving 16 hours to get there. I think 6 would be a piece of cake. and pie.

-ryan s.
                Not with a wife and 5yo in tow!
                2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

DuffMan says : "Oh NO!!!"
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Short-form, "Whose Line" type stuff. We're going to be giving long-form a shot later on this year, I think. Right now we're doing a "comedy sports" format, the host acts as the referee and the match is between two teams of three. It's a lot of fun!
                    I absolutely hated the somewhat-current 'Whose line is it anyway' format, as it wasn't real improv. Real improv is occasionally screwing up, and trying to get your way back out of it....the mistakes that actors make is as funny as the work they're doing flawlessly.

It's not doing prepared material and having plants in the audience shout out stuff you have already worked on when 'audience participation' pieces come up.

I thought about doing a bit or two should I ever show up at a SF event, such as 'Puppet Show', as it always generates a laugh or two even though it's an old format. I was working on creating a bit called 'Stunt Double', when I had to get out of doing improv (had to change jobs, the new job at the time was during showtime)....but alas', maybe someday.

Improv is a hell of a lot more fun to do than traditional stage acting....after a few years of being out of the 'business', I tried doing a traditional, three-act mainstage play back in 2004....and I couldn't stand it, the monotonous repetition of saying the same goddamned lines, over and over again, just got to be too tedious, and I bailed.

Comment

I wasn't aware that you were so familiar with improv. I usually use "Whose Line" as a basic description since most people just stare back blankly when you tell them "improv."

I've never done any straight theatre. No real burning desire to try it. I like the freedom of improv, and I'm usually able to think pretty quickly, so improv really appeals to me.

Comment

Looks like i'm going to have to re-route around Tennessee and Kentucky. Oh well. Getting the Tank ready for teh trip!

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

My leave was approved. 8 more days!!! Hi-O!!

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Hell yeah!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I can only be there Fri&Sat.
                              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                                I can only be there Fri&Sat.
                                That's a good thing, Tom has Sunday reserved for 'Opera Day'.

Comment

Working...
                                X