Smoke from the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke from the

Ok so heres another problem I been having latley. Latley when i turn my heater on in the car Smoke bellows out of it. First a lot then just a little. What the hell is this and how can i fix it?
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

time for a new heater core

Comment

Does it smell syrupy sweet? If so, definitely heater core.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Damn... Off hand would you know how much one cost? And where abouts its located? And who makes the best kind?>
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

It's not really a NICE job. You can bypass it, but that means losing heat.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I can go without air but i need my heat... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
              It's not really a NICE job. You can bypass it, but that means losing heat.
              Or he can do what that one guy on CVN did about 7 years ago: Put an additional heater core on top of the dash, bypassing the original. If anyone recalls my 'Bacon Frying' story in reference to that guy's car, you win 10 points.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                Or he can do what that one guy on CVN did about 7 years ago: Put an additional heater core on top of the dash, bypassing the original. If anyone recalls my 'Bacon Frying' story in reference to that guy's car, you win 10 points.
                Now this this sounds interesting... How does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkKnight View Post
                  Now this this sounds interesting... How does it work?
                  Ask Tom, I think he recalls the story.

Comment

oh dear lord no.

OEM heater cores are good. They're about 80 bucks. To change it, you basically pull the dashboard out of the car. Its a pain in the ass.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                      Ask Tom, I think he recalls the story.
                      please tell me you're kidding. that didn't actually happen, did it?
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                        please tell me you're kidding. that didn't actually happen, did it?
                        Believe it or not, people do some retarded things with cars to avoid fixing them right. Or maybe that is thier version of "right"...
                        1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                        1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                        1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                        1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Working...
                        X