1986 Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for the warm welcome guys.

Today I painted the steelies after the cheap (.97 cent) Wal-Mart black started to rust after 2 months haha. This time i sanded down to bare steel (pretty much) and used Rustolem Automotive Primer, followed by semi gloss enamel, and then 3 coats of clear enamel. Should hold up well......I hope.

Tuesday I have a Half-Day of school so I plan to sand down the rockers and undercoat the bottoms, and repaint all of the visible areas in semi-gloss black, with clear over it.

George
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Awesome mang. To make painting the black rockers easier I recommend removing them. There is a acorn nut right inside the wheel well of the rear tires that secures the back end of the rocker trim to the body. It is a pretty long stud you have to remove the nut off of but once that is removed then just pull the trim away from the body and the rest of the clips will pop off as you pull. Should make painting a whole lot easier because you dont have to mask off the entire car. Give them a good day to dry then put them back on the car. To do that place the bottom lip of the trim underneath the rocker clips and then just smack the trim with your hand against the upper clips and you should be set. And then tighten the nut back up.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well I got the rockers done today!

Also I used Rustolem undercoating to do my car, got some pics of that aswell

Some random Glamour shots haha

Comment

i really like that style

Comment

How much of a bitch was it for ya to remove the nuts at the end? I know I cursed with every turn of the ratchet while taking them off.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              How much of a bitch was it for ya to remove the nuts at the end? I know I cursed with every turn of the ratchet while taking them off.
              Such bad memories... At least I got lucky and the one just snapped.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Oh yeah it was oodles of fun, of course one of them came of perfectly, and the the drivers side took about 10 mintues to get down to the last thread and the bastard snapped. Figures haha. Ill just have to try and fix it with some JB Weld or something.

George

Comment

In all honesty it is not necessary to stress over not having that piece properly secured. It just makes it easier to take off for the future. I drove many miles without them bolted down and did not notice any ungodly noise from possible vibration/rattling.
                  ~David~

Comment

I found a phillips head screw that fit in there perfectly along with a suitable nut. Actually worked pretty well I was suprised. Just bought a blacked out grille, and hood ornament from "wagon mafia". Sent the money order out today so that should be around by the end of the month.

Anybody recomend a specific Muffler for our cars? I have flowmasters on my '75 and there probably too loud for the Vic

George

Comment

A lot of mangs with 5.0-powered cars seem to like Magnaflow. Watch some Youtube vids to see what you think.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                        Welcome! Very nice CV! Feel free to post up pics of your Montego in the future
                        +1 on the Montego pics..still miss my 75 MX Brougham 2 dr!
                        sigpic'86 GM LS sedan bone stock 113k triple dark sable, most of the bells and whistles, second owner. SOLD 9/10, will be looking for an 89 TC when the time is right

"In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice" Marquis de Sade

Comment

Here you guys go!

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...249#post521249

George

Comment

Ok, Update time!

Got my rocker trim put back in place after being pleasantly surprised that there was pretty much no rust underneath! Came out super nice, even has a deep shine to it, which I've never gotten before just using a spray can. Cleaned the interior theres a few pics of that too. This bad boy is gonna need a new top down the line, just a few too many Kansas summers have cracked the hell out of it.

Please no laughing at my fish towel/seat protector. Thanks haha

Well heres some pics:

POWER SEATS!!!!

And heres my Montego

George

Comment

I have an uncracked brown dashpad in my garage if you need it. I'm in Warrenville.

Comment

Very nice cars indeed!!! I wish my '86 CV was as clean as yours. Before long, you'll be mod'ing that car. BTW, did you lower your CV. It looks lower than stock; perhaps it's the pics.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X