Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sly's Panthers

Pics of my rides and the Home Depot special K&N intake on the 88 MGM.
    Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

lol that intake is almost exactly what i was thinking for my wagon lol
    Last edited by ÆJackacks; 03-14-2010, 04:53 PM.
    Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Love the window sticker lol
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Post more pics at your leisure
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

What is that sitting behind your alternator?
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Coolant reservoir.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Coolant reservoir.
              what he said. I cut the washer/coolant tank in half and left the washer side in the corner to allow the hose access to the grill area. Got that aftermarket tank at the auto parts hut and hooked it up on the old platform for the original air box.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

yeah thats pretty brave to put a cheapo coolant resevoir right on top of the exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                  yeah thats pretty brave to put a cheapo coolant resevoir right on top of the exhaust?
                  yeah yeah, before mouthing off, take a gander at the design (note the wire frame) that keeps the plastic actually off of the air-box plate (yeah you can't see the bottom, but you can see the frame is designed to mount to a wall and hold the tank up). oh yeah, the original air box is plastic too... is that too close to the exhaust as well? probably not since it was fine when I took it out and it actually sits flush on that plate. It was the flex snorkel over the upper tie bar that fell apart (hence my redneck replacement in the first place). FYI: there's a quarter inch of gap between the container and the air box plate and then another 2 inches or so to the exhaust plus the wind from the fan keeping all of this cooler than the exhaust by a long shot. Now if it was sitting ON the exhaust, I could see your point. But as I already stated that it is sitting where the factory air box was, you point becomes invalid quick.

Comment

I thought it was the coolant reservoir, but I wasn't sure.
                    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I like that intake. interesting design.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

That's one way to ram air. I like it.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I was originally just going for fresh air intake, but then I figured 2 more bends wouldn't matter any and I might force some more air on the highway. It helped with gas mileage a little so I'm happy with it. Would probably be better if I could get an HO intake on it.

Comment

New exhaust on the 93 Crown Vic. stock exhaust logs to magnaflow direct fit cats and then dual exhaust with magnaflow mufflers installed by a local shop.

Vid:

Comment

Sounds good. Post some day-time pics, next time you have the camera handy
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X