No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hell yeah. That is sweet! Big smile on my face. Nice job. Looks great.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Very nice
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

looks good, nice touch!
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Night shot!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It's held on with double sided foam tape and hot glue. It's good from far, but far from good. Also, I do not have the fabrication skills required to french those things into the chrome just exposing the LED area, which would have been preferred - and f'n awesome, but I digress. It is functional though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Sequential mod done. Was a little more splicing than I originally thought it was going to be, but it's very effective.

Used the plug and play 96-2004 Mustang harness from Raxiom. Spliced out the sequential parts from the harness and spliced that into the crown vic harness. This should work on any 92-94 Crown Victoria. Maybe to 97 if the inner light is also a 3-wire socket that only uses 2 wires.

Comment

I have always liked sequentials. Looks great.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I really like having the 3rd light on each side. That much more light up the night/day and get people to notice me senpai.

Comment

LED conversion... DAYUM! These are good and bright. Very good infill too.

Converted the tail lights, reverse lights, and blinkers to LED. Using an EL-12 flasher so no resisters are needed. LED bulbs are by Auxito. The 3157 ambers for the blinkers and reds for the tails are very nice. The 912 for the reverse lights are okay. They are a little brighter, but nowhere near the difference as the 3157 style. Now I "should" have less issues with other drivers seeing my signals.

912 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FYH2V4J/
                    3157 red - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V67K1L7/
                    3157 amber - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V67DZLV/

Comment

That's freakin awesome!!!

Comment

Had to install one resister per side. Under just battery power, the flasher wouldn't trigger the blinkers. Hazards work fine though. With the resistor though, no issues at all.

Comment

I did a thing.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1289229

Comment

race car!
                            ~David~

Comment

One day and already confirmed it's not a fueling issue causing the pinging. Seems the timing is advanced a bit far for mild acceleration/load/rpm. It's only in the middle of the map though. Looks like I'll have to take a few degrees out of the tune.

Comment

7-way trailer connector installed. PITA! But it will allow me to do further upgrades in the future should I so desire. Made the clamp-on bracket myself from a stainless bracket I had sitting in my leftovers stash. Burned up one complete Dremel reinforced cutting disc on this. Used the grinder cut-off wheel for the long slot cuts and then used a metal file to take off the burrs. Drilled the mounting holes in it for the 7-wat bracket and bolted up nicely. THe position of the mount away from the receiver is to line up with the "extend-a-trunk" lights connector.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210815_160558_HDR.jpg
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1289482 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210815_160642_HDR.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1289483 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210815_160758_HDR.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1289484

Comment

Working...
                                X