No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice mount. Pardon my ignorance...what extras does the 7 way give you over the 4 blade connectors? Trailer brake controls plus more?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

over your basic 4-wire, you get reverse lights, brake control (30A), and 12V power (charge trailer batteries and run 12V accessories on the trailer - usually a 30A or 40A line) I haven't run the brake controller or 12V power yet though. Just will make it stupid easy to do so later one if I do. I do use reverse already for everything I have currently.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Restored the headlights on my wife's 2000 CV. Yeah... they were bad.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Headlights_polished.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1290044

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Oh yeah. That came out nice.

I have to say cleaning up the headlights on anything really makes the car look sharp!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Definitely.

Comment

Looks brand new again.

Comment

It looks brand new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Installed double din media deck and backup camera in the wife's 2000 CV. Quick pic. Not the best, but does the job fine.

Name:	BackupCamera.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	1290175

Comment

Fixed the door panel in the 93. Early aeros are notorious for the door panels cracking at the door pull since they have no attachment point to the actual door. Fixed with JB Weld and plumber's tape (the metal stuff) for reinforcement. Also used a little PVC conduit to make a spacer at the bolt point I made in the door. Rivnut installed in the inner door skin and walla. Door fixed. Did the touch up paint today. Finding touchup paint in a small container with a small brush for application was a but of a bother, but I found it. Ended up just dipping the head of the bolt and the washer into the paint, so it's a little thick. Ended up having to bake it for an hour @150F in the toaster oven I have specifically for "shop use" to get it to dry. But it's done now.

Pics:

Freshly fixed.

Name:	S_IMG_20230820_195920_623.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1391228

Painted. The flash highlights the difference between plastic and paint.

Name:	S_IMG_20230827_191149_518.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1391229

Without the flash it looks much better.

Name:	S_IMG_20230827_151840_555.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1391230

The bolted spot

Name:	S_IMG_20230820_195929_895.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	1391231

And painted

Name:	S_IMG_20230827_191143_920.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	1391232

Comment

Door panels that work are an underappreciated item.
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Much respect for keeping the aero patched up and rolling as a daily.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Door pulls on the Conti are a completely different design, but same problem. I fixed those with a rivet nut into the door itself and a custom spacer that set the pull at the proper height but put the force on the metal door skin instead of the nearly 40 year old brittle plastic.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah... there's a big f'n hole in the door skin behind the actual handle, so it's a little off center. Thanks Ford.

Comment

Updated video of the tail lights with the clear ambers instead of the smoked ones. Looks much better.

Description from the video with all of the info about parts used:

The clear ambers blend into the tail light assembly better and are brighter. Works well. People see my tail lights much better with the LED bulbs and notice my turn signal much better with the ambers. If anyone cares, the LED bulbs are Auxito 3157 and the ambers are Aexplore side marker LED lights for F150 mirrors. Auxito 3157 (red): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V67K1L7/ Aexplore LED lights (amber): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BDZN8H2T/ Raxiom Sequential Tail Light Kit (chopped up and wired to fit my car): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084RPZTV7/ Stick a glasses screwdriver behind the leads on the Auxito bulbs and bend them down near the bulb if you have contact issues. They are not made exactly as 3157 bases should be. They're a little thin.

Comment

Working...
                              X