No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I re-wrangled my fan control wiring and added a couple of diodes so that everything triggers low but only high temp triggers high instead of everything triggering high (I have a soft start on the high trigger so it will trigger low first and then high 5 seconds later).
    so yeah... the rats nest in the Cake is getting worse. Also, GM diodes because Ford's don't have in-line blades to fit in-line fuse holders.

Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Today I added the 5-flat to the Cake.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	1281730

While I was in there, it dawned on me that the plastic screw retainers that came with my window regulators (No clue why, there's no way to use them on our cars for the window regulator) may fit the holes for the trunk molding around the latch. They sure do. Molding holds down really well now.

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1281731

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1281732

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Finally took the beater to a shop and had the headliner replaced so no more foam showers in that car. Also has the shop fix the sail panels as well.

Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1281830 Click image for larger version

Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1281831 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1281832

Comment

Headliner and sail panels look good. I like the contrast with the white moldings.

Comment

or tan moldings. (tan/beige interior)

Comment

Looks great. You planning to convert the interior to blue?
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Nope. But I'm done with the foam showers.

Comment

That looks good.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Last pics of the full fleet. The Mad Marquis is moving on without the "truck" suspension. The new owners should enjoy the smooth ride with the original springs and normal shocks. The 2000 Crown Victoria (wife's car) is hiding in the garage.

Name:	20170805_111000.jpg
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1282075Click image for larger version

Name:	20170805_111022.jpg
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	1282076

Comment

Pics from the place in the hills that I stayed at on the way to Scottfest...

Name:	20170809_150327s.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	1282189Click image for larger version

Name:	20170809_150348s.jpg
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	1282190Click image for larger version

Name:	20170809_150408s.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	1282191Click image for larger version

Name:	20170809_150448s.jpg
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	1282192Click image for larger version

Name:	20170809_150549s.jpg
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	1282193Click image for larger version

Name:	20170809_150550s.jpg
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	1282194Click image for larger version

Name:	20170816_060947s.jpg
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	1282195

Comment

Figured I should post the pics of the coolant filter here too.

Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1282859 Click image for larger version

Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1282860
                        Last edited by sly; 01-02-2018, 11:35 PM.

Comment

First filter change already. I knew it wouldn't take long. Lots of gravel...

Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1282857 Click image for larger version

Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1282858
                          Last edited by sly; 01-02-2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                            First filter change already. I knew it wouldn't take long. Lots of gravel...
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]49043[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]49044[/ATTACH]
                            “Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator”
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Fixed... apparently the forum changed the attachment number. Had to "Go Advanced" and use the attach function to find them. Also fixed the previous post that had the same issue.

Comment

Apparently there was still some damage to the Cake from getting rear-ended that I didn't know about. The driver seat rails broke today. So I got my spare set out of storage and got to work swapping them.

Name:	20180216_172053.jpg
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	1283055

Then I discovered that the other side was attached by a prayer...

Name:	20180216_174052.jpg
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1283056

Crap. So I went to my washer stash and found a washer that fit the massive nut that broke free of its welds and got to work welding that together to help reinforce the attachment and welded it to the chair after welding the torn pieces back together. If I didn't overcook the welds, it should hold fine. The other side is still good so it should still be safe to drive.

Name:	20180216_184744.jpg
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1283057

Got the other rails attached and bolted it all down. All betterer.

Name:	20180216_201412.jpg
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	1283058 Click image for larger version

Name:	20180216_201358.jpg
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	1283059

Comment

Working...
                                X