No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ask and you shall receive... Got pics of the outside... the new eyes (headlamp housings) and the butt along with the fleshy (red) interior.

needs a wash and vacuuming... eventually.
    Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

the new eyes

Makes a big difference!!
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The Mark VI

Fixed the tape deck (lubed the eject mechanism and reseated the top plate that presses the cassette down)... got the premium sound working again (cept for the right front... the amp may have issues)... plugged the evap line from the tank cause the vapor canister is just venting gas to the open air running down the road and gassing out the cabin via the vent/leaks in doors. Found the cancer... on the lip of the trunk lid. Got my Classic Auto plates. Need to check the right front hub assembly for play. May just need new rotors and shocks (brake pedal vibrates(pulses) when braking. Nothing major, but little niggles to be looked at yet.

PICS ↓↓
        Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Very nice car!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice use of dryer ducting
            sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
            87 mercury grand marquis
            88 crown vic lx
            89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
            89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
            00 ford crown vic lx hpp
            03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by visionmercury View Post
              nice use of dryer ducting
              whatever works I say... and it works well. Just need some money to be able to get an HO upper/EGR spacer/TB for it. Prolly just run it till it dies and save money for that new 5.0L and drop that in.

Comment

The trunk-lid rust should be an easy fix.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I Love the Mark VI.. Very nice

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                  351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                  duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Yeah, beautiful interior!

Pete
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

thanks. Needs a vacuum taken to it though. You lift up the edges to look under the plush pads and you'll find old dog bones (milk bone things). Found 5 already. Needs some detailed cleaning.

As for the rust... I was thinking eventually just getting some navel jelly on it... cleaning it up and putting some primer (re: rattle can paint) to keep it from rusting up again until I can get it done properly.

Comment

The 88 took a hit.

A really nice, little old lady in a Saturn View ran me off the road today going home for lunch. If I had managed to completely climb the curb I could have avoided it, but the curb bounced me back to the road and into her SUV that was taking her half of the road out of the middle. I had to take the busted molding off the door to get it to open and took the mirror off cause the head broke off from the mount arm and I didn't want even more damage to the door.

anyhoo... pic:

Attached Files

Comment

Fawk. I am guessing it is pushed in a bit all along the rub marks?
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

very precious little. Once I buff out the rub marks it will be barely noticeable. I'll let the insurance adjuster come out and give me info first. Gotta wait until Monday for the police report though. No biggie since it still drives fine. I miss my mirror though.

Comment

Could have been worse.
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

true dat.

Comment

Working...
                                X