Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love RCR. I think it's really funny.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

RCR is great, but he always seems to get it wrong when he does a muscle car. At least, in my view as a self-proclaimed muscle car lover.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Eh, he's a tool when it comes to things he doesn't like. He basically jizzed all over some POS Omni but slammed a 3.0 ranger and slams everything else that doesn't "rev" because high RPM is everything to that hipster. I watched the video Sly posted after watching the one about a P71 Crown Vic and both were hilarious. But, the more videos I watched, the more I began to dislike him as he doesn't have a clue as to what the fuck he's talking about where the vehicles are concerned.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

He's not a real car guy. He's more interested in the mutual impact between cars and society from an anthropological perspective. And he's definitely a hipster.
          —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
            He's not a real car guy. He's more interested in the mutual impact between cars and society from an anthropological perspective. And he's definitely a hipster.
            He's got that wrong too, he wasn't there, all he has is what he's read or been told. He makes his college major a bit too obvious, blech. Part of me wants to offer up my car to his channel just to see what he does with it should he choose it, and if it surprises me.

Comment

That's actually the part I think is so funny... and I have a somewhat crass sense of humor that meshes well with the bombs he drops.

Also, that era ranger DOES DRIVE LIKE A MINIVAN. My in-laws have the 4L version and it's pretty much the same as well except for the towing gears (1st gear goes to 10mph... maybe). I about died when he said that because it's so true. I definitely don't watch it for technical info... not do I really care if he gets it right. I want to hear his perspective on how it drives BECAUSE he's not a car guy. I enjoy seeing just how different I think about some things... and the crass jokes are some funny shit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

My parents used to own a 1989 Aerostar. Pretty sure they were built on the same platform. I know you could use passenger side Aerostar axles to convert Mustangs to 5-lug in addition to driver side Ranger axles.
                —John

Comment

Can't get minivans with five speeds since the Aerostar nor can you get them with 4x4 or trac lok nor are they easy to work on like Rangers. That dude drove one and colored the rest based on his experience, bleh. The 3.0 is a great motor too, he can go suck one for his ignorance.

Comment

He was commenting on the ride quality, not the drivetrain or serviceability. Again... perspective... he's not a car guy.

Comment

Cake has an upgraded trans cooler (a real one now) and trans fluid temp gauge.

old cooler:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20170409_134250[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1281563

new one in:

Name:	20170409_133825[1].jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1281562

Temp sensor:

Name:	20170409_133839[1].jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1281564

Gauge:

Name:	20170409_180420[1].jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1281565

Comment

Is that an old gauge, or new gauge with retro stylin'? Looks nice in the pod!
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

New gauge. Came with the pod and sensor and line tap.
                          https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002A596I/

Comment

Looks like a nice complete kit.

Is that two different t's for the hardlines? Two different sizes?
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice! I have the same trans temp gauge. I need to get a good look at it and see if I can separate it from the pod. That way I can mount it with the other gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Looks like a nice complete kit.

Is that two different t's for the hardlines? Two different sizes?
                                Yes. The smaller size is the one I used.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                                Nice! I have the same trans temp gauge. I need to get a good look at it and see if I can separate it from the pod. That way I can mount it with the other gauges.
                                Yes it does. just take the nuts off the back and the plastic holder comes off and it'll slide out of the pod.

Comment

Working...
                                X